New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Virtual Desktops Switcher does not work/show , Can't see Virtual Desktop Switcher on monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 51832

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 02/19/2018 20:20:16

Hi all,

I have a multi monitor setup with 4 Monitors and independent monitor setup. Sometimes I cannot see the Virtual Desktops Switcher (not able to really identify the full situations, but it's always after either booting the laptop or after recover from sleep/hibernate.
Changing the Virtual Desktop configuration (adding/deleting a virtual desktop for example) and applying the changes brings back the Virtual Desktop Switcher. Using control center to exit (or pause) and restart Actual Window Manager does not help.

Using Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.2007).
"Graphics Card": Display Link Version 8.2.1638.0 (through Lenovo Thinkpad USB 3.0 Ultra Dock)

Can you please elaborate on this?

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/22/2018 15:05:26

Hello, Stefan

What version of AWM are you running?

Could you when the problem happens (when the switcher disappears) open the AWM tray icon context menu and see what the state of the virtual desktops switcher item is? Does it say "Show Switcher" or "Hide Switcher" and does anything happen if you click it?

Could you also try the "Toggle Virtual Desktops Switcher" hotkey (Alt+` by default)? Does it do anything?

What mode of virtual desktops do you use - classic or independent?

Is your monitor layout one laptop display plus three external monitors? How do you connect the monitors to the laptop?

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 02/28/2018 15:06:42

Hi all,

Version              :        8.11.3
Virtual Desktops mode:        independent
Virtual Desktops Item in AWM tray:        None, neither Show Switcher or likewise in it.
Toggle Virtual Desktops Switcher :        no change/doesn't do anything.

Sorry for the latency... Have been ill.

Thanks for your help!

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 03/08/2018 21:25:33

Is there any kind of update/further information request you can provide?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/13/2018 02:04:24

Stefan,

It seems like when this problem happens, Virtual Desktops feature doesn't work at all.

Is it enabled, when you go to the configuration module to make changes in order to make the switcher appear ("Enable Virtual Desktop" option in the Virtual Desktops section)?

Is there the "Move to virtual desktop" title button or the grouping button menu item with the same name (if the title button is not enabled in the settings for the window) in windows' titlebars when the problem happens?

Are you able when this problem happens and there is no switcher, to move any windows to other virtual desktops via the hotkeys or via the "Move to virtual desktop" title button or the grouping button menu item?

Are you able to reproduce the problem every time you boot the laptop or recover from sleep/hibernate? Or it happens only sometimes?

Do you detach/attach the external monitors before turn on/recover the laptop from sleep?

Is your monitor layout one laptop display plus three external monitors? How do you connect the monitors to the laptop?

Best regards.

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 04/09/2018 19:17:23

It seems like when this problem happens, Virtual Desktops feature doesn't work at all.

Is it enabled, when you go to the configuration module to make changes in order to make the switcher appear ("Enable Virtual Desktop" option in the Virtual Desktops section)?
It is enabled, just they don't show up.

Is there the "Move to virtual desktop" title button or the grouping button menu item with the same name (if the title button is not enabled in the settings for the window) in windows' titlebars when the problem happens?
Nope, also it seams that the additional Window menus are missing...

Are you able when this problem happens and there is no switcher, to move any windows to other virtual desktops via the hotkeys or via the "Move to virtual desktop" title button or the grouping button menu item?
As the title buttons do not exist and I do not have hotkeys enabled for those actions, no.

Are you able to reproduce the problem every time you boot the laptop or recover from sleep/hibernate? Or it happens only sometimes?
Also first boot is affected, so any time I boot my machine in any kind. As far as I can see, yes, everytime.

Do you detach/attach the external monitors before turn on/recover the laptop from sleep?
Nope, but I have ThinkPad Thunderbolt (and at home ThinkPad USB3.0) docking stations to get four monitors connected.

Nope, only four external monitors. Laptop remains closed.

In Addition to that, since the last Windows/McAfee Updates (there were a couple of updates installed from both) I always get the Message "ActualWindowsManagerCenter64.exe was unable to start properly (0xc000009a). Click OK to close the application." While the taskbars from ActualWindowManager appear properly as it seams. This happens everytime I start ActualWindowManager (also restarting via the configuration tool results in the same issue).
Reinstallation did not solve the issue.
Could that have to do with the same problem?!

Windows version: 1703 (OS Build 15063.850)
McAfee Data Exchange Layer Version: 4.0.0.450
McAfee Agent Version: 5.5.0.447
McAfee Endpoint Security Version: 10.5

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/11/2018 20:09:16

Stefan,

Could you please make sure the "Move to virtual desktop" grouping button menu item is not there when the problem happens (this menu appears when you click the grouping button - the button with two down arrows icon).

also it seams that the additional Window menus are missing
Could you clarify what you mean? Are you talking about the AWM menu items in the window menus (right click on the free space on title bar) or about the whole window menus?

Does it happens with all windows or with some particular windows?

I do not have hotkeys enabled for those actions
I mean the standard "Move to next virtual desktop" hotkey (AWM configuration module > Hotkeys > Virtual Desktops > Move to next virtual desktop). Combination for this action by default is Win+\. Could you enable it, and see whether it moves a window to other virtual desktop when the problem happens?

Do other features of AWM work correctly? Do taskbars appear on all monitors?

Could you check (when the problem happens) whether the "Move to monitor" selector window displays the monitors layout correctly and moves windows correctly (right click on the "Move to next monitor" title button")?

In Addition to that, since the last Windows/McAfee Updates (there were a couple of updates installed from both) I always get the Message "ActualWindowsManagerCenter64.exe was unable to start properly (0xc000009a).
As I know, you've contacted us via email about this problem and it's in work now.

Best regards.

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 04/11/2018 20:46:01

Could you please make sure the "Move to virtual desktop" grouping button menu item is not there when the problem happens (this menu appears when you click the grouping button - the button with two down arrows icon).
Even the two down arrows icon is not there in such cases...

also it seams that the additional Window menus are missing
Could you clarify what you mean? Are you talking about the AWM menu items in the window menus (right click on the free space on title bar) or about the whole window menus?
Only the AWM menu items and the grouping button menu

Does it happens with all windows or with some particular windows?
All windows that I have had opened

I do not have hotkeys enabled for those actions
I mean the standard "Move to next virtual desktop" hotkey (AWM configuration module > Hotkeys > Virtual Desktops > Move to next virtual desktop). Combination for this action by default is Win+\. Could you enable it, and see whether it moves a window to other virtual desktop when the problem happens?
It's a little problematic becuase I have redefined the hotkeys and use them for other actions. Also at the moment AWM does not work properly at all and this issue first of all has to be fixed (dropped an E-Mail to support).

Do other features of AWM work correctly? Do taskbars appear on all monitors?
Yes, the other features as far as I was able to see worked properly.

Could you check (when the problem happens) whether the "Move to monitor" selector window displays the monitors layout correctly and moves windows correctly (right click on the "Move to next monitor" title button")?
The Move to monitor appears only for the taskbar hover and/or can be used by hotkey, but works properly.

In Addition to that, since the last Windows/McAfee Updates (there were a couple of updates installed from both) I always get the Message "ActualWindowsManagerCenter64.exe was unable to start properly (0xc000009a).
As I know, you've contacted us via email about this problem and it's in work now.
Yes, correct. Hope there is a solution soon...
Eventually there is a slight option that this issue here is solved when the general issue is solved... Let's cross fingers.

Thanks for your support and efforts in this!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/12/2018 03:29:53

Stefan,

Even the two down arrows icon is not there in such cases...
Only the AWM menu items and the grouping button menu
But the two down arrows icon button IS the grouping button. Could you send us a screenshot depicting the title buttons and window menu of a window when the problem happens?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/17/2018 16:39:40

Stefan,

Could you also send us a screenshot of the monitors layout in the standard Windows Screen Resolution settings window and a screenshot of the monitors layout in Actual Window Manager (AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Monitors layout and settings), when the laptop is connected to the docking station and all four monitors are enabled.

You can send the screenshots to uninstall@actualtools.com

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register