New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Windows Manager 8.10.2 Screen problem fullscreen , Most programs on fullscreen gets cut off on the borders » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 105807

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 05/06/2017 01:36:26

Hello,

Im having a problem with the newest Actual Windows Manager 8.10.2. Im running this on my pc which is 64 bit Windows 10. My resolution is 1920x1080.

I just upd ated the program yesterday. And instantly after the update, when for example I open explorer and put it on full screen, I see that it gets cut off on the right side and bottom side of my monitor.
This happens on lots of programs, for example explorer and firefox as seen in the attached images.

There comes a bar on the right side and bottom side of the monitor. It cuts of the firefox or explorer window. I cannot see the information behind it anymore. Neither can I click the top right 'X' cross the exit the program, as the border overlays it. When its out of fullscreen everything is good and there are no borders. It only applies to fullscreen, maximized.

The borders also act as desktop background? Right clicking it gives u the submenu from the desktop. Like changing background wallpaper, changing monitor resolution or making a new folder.

Mind to say this also only applies to my main set monitor. On my 2nd monitor this bug/glitch doesnt happen. Today I downgraded back to Actual Windows Manager 8.8 which i had previous installed. The bug doesnt appear here and everything is working fine, aswell on fullscreen maximized firefox and explorer.

To sum it up:

- Windows 10 64 bit
- bug appears on loads of programs including explorer and firefox
- Appears on main monitor only. Se t to 1920x1080
- Only appears when the program is maximized/fullscreen
- The borders act as desktop background? Right clicking it gives u the submenu from the desktop. Like  
 changing background wallpaper, changing monitor resolution or making a new folder.
- Actual Windows Manager 8.8 works fine. However Actual Windows Manager 8.10.2 doesnt

In the attached pictures, u can see it happen in explorer and in firefox. Here they are both below. 1st link is on explorer. 2nd link is it happening on firefox. Link 3 is what it will shows when u right click the borders and them acting as destop background and giving that submenu.

Gyazo 1
Gyazo 2
Gyazo 3

Would love it if u could look into this and perhaps find a fix for it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/13/2017 08:44:45

Hello, Kevin

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

What version of Firefox are you running?

Could you name several other programs you have this problem with.

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Also please specify how exactly you turn on fullscreen/maximized mode for these windows.

Best regards.

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 05/18/2017 04:49:24

Dear Bogdan,

Thank you for your reply.

Im running Windows 10, 64 bit version 1511 (Build 10586.916).
Im not running the latest build as it interferes with some other pograms i use and affects some of my games I play. The latest Windows 10 build causes bugs/glitches in some games I play, thats why.

Im running firefox latest build. Firefox 53.0.2 (32-bits).

I was having this problem with alot of programs. Such as: Firefox, Google Chrome, Windows Explorer, Discord, and I believe Skype too. I cant remember all the programs, sorry.

At the moment im not running Actual Window Manager 8.10.2, as it gives me this problem.

I have uploaded the configuration files to Microsoft OneDrive. You should be able to download it here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtgWEOlbPIHLjCCOjGGaGHqliR7T

As for how i put the programs to fullscreen/maximized mode. I just simply drag the entire window/program to the top of my screen so it snaps to fullscreen or I just click the maximize window button on the top right corner of the program, next to the minimize and exit program button.

Thanks,
Kevin

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/18/2017 15:49:44

Hello Kevin,

Default and all Specific Settings are disabled in configuration files you provided. Am I right, that you are able to reproduce the issue with the current (8.10.2) version of Actual Window Manager while all Window Settings (Default and Specific) are disabled?

Could you check whether the issue persits if you disable Tabbed Explorer (Actual Window Manager -> Files and Fodlers -> Tabbed Explorer -> Group Explorer windows within tabbed containers) and snapping options (Actual Window Manager -> Layout and Snap -> Window Snapping) or not?

Please also check if you are able to reproduce the issue with the version 8.9.2 (download link - https://www.actualtools.com/files/aim892.exe ).

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 05/29/2017 08:42:11

Hello Vasiliy,

Sorry for writing back this late to u. I have indeed all my default and specific settings disabled as I dont like them. Without changing any other options, I went straight to disabling group explorer tabs as u mentioned.

Running on Actual Windows Manager 10.8.2 at the moment of writing.

Disabling group tab explorer 100% fixed the problem. Every app with this fullscreen/maximized window problem has been fixed. I hope you could find the fix for the problem/bug for this error somewhere in the codes of the group explorer tab, so we would be able to have zero problems going fullscreen with group tab explorer enabled.

So on 10.8.2 with group tab explorer disabled the problem is fixed.

I would like to ask u something about the taskbar aswell. I have this weird number on my notification/action center, which says I have like 52.952 notifications.
But when I go to click on it, it says I have no new notifications. Why does it show this number for me then?

Gyazo 1
Gyazo 2

Thanks,
Kevin

Mark Bolton

Posted: 06/02/2017 00:15:34

I am having the exact same issue that the OP had, and I am running 8.10.2, as well.  I came here looking to see if it had been reported and voila, here it is.  

I, too, see this issue on just about every window and on every monitor (I run 3).  Cycling the window to the next monitor generally resolves it temporarily.  The answers to your questions as as follows:

1.  Windows version:  Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, Version 6.1 (Build 7601:  Service Pack 1)
2. & 3.  I am not running Firefox but I see it on this window (in Chrome) as well as Windows Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, the Actual Window Manager itself, etc.  Basically nothing is off limits to the issue.
4.  I maximize the windows using the standard tiling buttons in the top right corner of the window.

5.  Disabling "Group Explorer windows within tabbed containers" did not resolve my issue.
6.  Disabling Snap - you didn't specify which snapping option to disable, but "Disable the native Windows 7 Snap" did not resolve it.  Nor did disabling "Classic" or "Aero Snap".

I will DL and install the 8.9.2 version and update this thread.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Bolton

Posted: 06/03/2017 02:50:48

Update:  Reinstalling 8.9.2 resolved this issue.  Something is wrong with 8.10.2.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/04/2017 20:21:26

Hello, gentlemen

Do you have any third-party desktop enhancement or system enhancement software installed?

What are your DPI settings in the system?

Mark,

Does this problem also persist only on the primary monitor in your case?

Disabling "Group Explorer windows within tabbed containers" did not resolve my issue.
Could you install Actual Window Manager 8.10.2 again, make sure that the problem persists with the "Group Explorer windows..." feature enabled, then disable this feature, restart the system and see whether the issue still persists. Let us know the results.

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files when the 8.10.2 version is installed using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Kevin,

I have this weird number on my notification/action center, which says I have like 52.952 notifications
Do you see this number of notifications on the system taskbar or on Actual Window Manager taskbar?

Did the taskbar always show such great number of notifications or it started recently? Do you remember when it started? Is it associated with any event, maybe upgrade of the system or of Actual Windows Manager?

Best regards.

Kevin Hermenet

Posted: 06/05/2017 23:11:25

Hello Bogdan,

I dont have any third-party desktop enhancement or system enhancement software installed.
My desktop is running 1920x1080 144hz full hd. My dpi is 450 on windows 6/11 sensitivity.

I would like to add a comment to your reply of asking Mark if the problem only persist on the primary monitor. In my case the problem did only appear on my main monitor. My 2nd monitor was having no problems. After disabling the Group Explorer windows feature, the problem was non-existent anymore on my main monitor and my problem was fixed. I did restart my system after disabling the option.

To reply to ur comment about the number of notifications, the numbers only happens on the Actual Window Manager taskbar and not on the main windows taskbar.

I also have not updated my windows OS. I also updated from 8.9 to 10.8.2. So i cant say if its from an update of Actual Window Manager, as my update from 8.9 to 10.8.2 is the first version I updated to which has the Action Center in the Actual Window Manager taskbar.

Also sometimes when I click on the Actual Window Manager taskbar Action Center the number goes from 52.952 to 4. Sometimes a restart of my Windows OS will also bring the number from 52.952 to 4. Which is still not 0, as it says that I have no new notifications when I click on it. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/06/2017 06:36:06

Kevin,

About the problem with maximized windows:
My desktop is running 1920x1080 144hz full hd. My dpi is 450 on windows 6/11 sensitivity.
What resolution do your other monitors have?

Do you have the same DPI settings (450%) for all monitors?

Could you just to make sure that the problem is associated with Tabbed Explorer feature, enable it and see whether the problem returns. Then disable it and let us know the results.

About the problem with action center notifications:

Do I understand right that most of the time the number of notifications displayed on AWM taskbar is the same and it's 52.952 and only sometimes it changes - either to 4 if you click the AWM action center icon or to some random number from 4 to 52.959 after the system restart?

Does the number of notifications change when you get real new notification?

How the Actual Window Manager action center icon looks when this problem persists?

Messages 1 - 10 of 21
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register