New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Opening applications in second monitor , Actual Multiple Monitors feature » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10708

Alan Sanchez

Posted: 06/21/2014 14:32:30

Hello everyone, thanks for your help.

I would like to know how can if there's any feature that allow me to OPEN AN APPLICATION in THE SECOND MONITOR but APPEARS in the SECOND MONITOR when opening instead of appearing in the PRIMARY MONITOR.

Let's put an example:
I open Google Chrome in THE SECOND MONITOR, but it appears in the PRIMARY MONITOR, so I have to move it to the SECOND. What I want is that the applications I open IN A MONITOR, appears in THAT MONITOR.

Thank you everybody.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/21/2014 15:40:11

Hello, Alan! Thank you for your message!

If I get you right, you have to go to Actual Window Manager (or Actual Multiple Monitors, or Actual Window Guard) -> Window Settings -> Default Settings -> Startup, mark the Move to monitor checkbox, set it to "Having mouse pointer" and click Apply button.

Please note that this won't apply to applications and windows listed in Exclusions and Specific Settings.

I would be grateful if you could let me know if this reply helped or not!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Alan Sanchez

Posted: 06/21/2014 15:51:22

Thanks that was exactly what I needed.
I couldn't find it before =P.

Thanks again for your quick reply and time.

See you!

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/23/2014 14:41:14

Thank you too, Alan!

Contact us at any time, we're always glad to hear from you!

support@actualtools.com

Alan Sanchez

Posted: 06/23/2014 18:06:50

Hey, actually I'm having a new issue regarding this =P.

The "title" buttons and "windows menu" buttons disappeared from MONITOR 1 (default and primary), but not from MONITOR 2. I already tried changing settings to default and then configure it again.
And this is kinda annoying because "move at startup to monitor" feature is not working anymore. I even set it to "exactly specified MONITOR 1" but Chrome still opens in the MONITOR 2.

User added an image

And I can't move the window from monitor 2 to monitor 1 because the title and menu buttons are not there =(

Hope you can help me.
Thanks.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/24/2014 14:28:03

Dear Alan,

There is a Specific Settings rule for Google Chrome created and enabled by default. You should adjust this rule at Actual Multiple Monitors -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Google Chrome to make Google Chrome windows behave the way you want them to. Or you can just disable that rule to make Default Settings rule apply to Chrome windows.

And in order for us to be able to investigate the issue with title buttons and window menu, please send us your Configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with a reference to this thread.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Alan Sanchez

Posted: 06/24/2014 20:00:19

I talked about Chrome as an example, but it's in other applications too.

User added an image

The icon "MOVE TO MONITOR" next to the red cross is missing in my PRIMARY MONITOR (monitor 1), but you can find it in the SECOND MONITOR.

I already looked at the specific settings and default settings, but they are all correct regarding title and menu buttons.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/25/2014 12:17:22

Alan, try marking the Replace the primary Taskbar checkbox at Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Taskbar -> Multi-monitor Taskbar and Task Switcher and check if it helps.

Thank you for your message!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Alan Sanchez

Posted: 06/25/2014 21:22:00

You genius! Thanks a lot buddy!

One last thing. Sometimes when I use fullscreen apps like videogames, I hit the hotkey "ignore deactivation" with "ctrl+alt+shift+A" and it works perfectly, but when I go to the second monitor some of the windows there are like "bug", I can't use them but I can see them with less opacity. I can't take screenshot of the second monitor (don't know why) but I'll show you if needed.

Thanks for everything!

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/26/2014 13:27:36

Alan, try using an alternative method of activating Ignore deactivation feature - directions here.

Additionally, please specify the games or applications you have problems with and provide us with the directions (the more precise the better) to reproduce those problems.

Thank you for your messages!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help