New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Excel won't come to front, nor will it move easily , Excel issues with AMM 3.4 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 23613

Dan Luchinski

Posted: 10/27/2011 11:41:33

I just downloaded and installed the newest version of AMM (3.4).  I have 4 monitors.  On one monitor, I have both Excel and Lotus Notes.  If Excel is in the background, I am unable to bring it to the foreground by either clicking the icon in the taskbar, or by hovering over the icon and clicking on one of the workbooks that are opened.  I also tried with something other than Lotus Notes in front of it and the same thing happens.  Even if Excel is the only thing on the monitor, I can't hover over the icon and change workbooks.  I was able to do this in the previous version of AMM.

Also, if Excel is maximized in the window, I can't grab the title bar and drag it to another window.  I either need to restore down and then move it, or I need to click on the Move to monitor button until it gets to the window I want it on.  I am able to drag other maximized applications around.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/28/2011 01:07:23

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the post.

What OS are you running (version, x32 or x64)?

What version of MS Excel do you use?

Also, if Excel is maximized in the window, I can't grab the title bar and drag it to another window.
- Could you clarify this problem?

Best regards.

wickeddan

Posted: 10/28/2011 04:51:40

Sorry, I meant to specify that information in the original post...

I am running Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 and Excel 2007.

As for trying to clarify the moving of Excel...
When Excel is maximized in one of my monitors, I am unable to click and hold the title bar of Excel and drag it to another monitor.  As far as I know, I can do this with all other applications.  Normally, when an application is maximized on a monitor, clicking and holding down on the title bar will bring the application to the last non-maximized size and you can move it around.  If you drag it to another monitor and let it go at the top of the monitor, it will be maximized on the new monitor.  If you don't let it go at the top, it will stay in the non-maximized size.

I hope that clears it up some.

Thanks

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/31/2011 20:42:12

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the response.

Could you send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Send your configuration files to the Actual Tools technical support) with a link for this forum?

Best regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/02/2011 02:51:52

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the configuration files.

These problems have been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

When Excel is maximized in one of my monitors, I am unable to click and hold the title bar of Excel and drag it to another monitor. As far as I know, I can do this with all other applications. Normally, when an application is maximized on a monitor, clicking and holding down on the title bar will bring the application to the last non-maximized size and you can move it around. If you drag it to another monitor and let it go at the top of the monitor, it will be maximized on the new monitor. If you don't let it go at the top, it will stay in the non-maximized size.
As workaround you could check this checkbox - AMM -> Options -> Window Snapping -> Disable the native Windows 7 Snap.

Best regards.

Masha Bykin

Posted: 11/08/2011 13:21:06

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with Excel 2010 on Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 and Excel 2010.

I tried to find the option for AMM -> Options -> Window Snapping, but can't seem to find it. I'm on AMM 3.4. I'v attached a screenshot of my Options tab.

Thanks,
Masha

P.S. It was not easy to get a screenshot to under 50K. That file size limit seems pretty low.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/08/2011 23:44:45

Hello Masha,

Thanks for the message.

The "Window Snapping" tab is located to the left of the "User Interface" tab (it's displayed on your screenshot).

You could use the navigation arrows (they are located to the right of the "User Interface" tab) to go to the "Window Snapping" tab.

Best regards.

Masha Bykin

Posted: 11/09/2011 13:57:31

Found it. Thanks!

It didn't change the behavior, though.

I did find something else that helps. Excel 2010 options include a setting in Advanced section for the Display, which is named "Show all windows in the Taskbar". This puts separate taskbar buttons for each open spreadsheet in same window. Clicking any of these buttons in the Windows taskbar brings Excel forward and brings that spreadsheet into focus in the Excel window. In AMM taskbar, clicking the separate buttons does nothing. If I disable the "Show all windows..." option, I have one Excel button for each Excel window, and the AMM button works to bring the window forward. Then I have to use the Excel menus to choose among open spreadsheets. I can open separate Excel sessions for different spreadsheets as always, (open Excel first, then open file) to have spreadsheets in separate windows.

Ken Dixon

Posted: 11/10/2011 10:26:38

Hello,
I am having a similar problem with AWM 6.7.  I am running XP and Excel 2007 with three monitors.  When I have one or more Excel sheets open I am unable to bring any to the foreground on any non-primary monitor.  When I drag the Excel window to the monitor I have designated as my primary monitor it works fine, however.  
Thank you,
Ken

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/10/2011 20:27:23

Hello Ken,

The problem has been fixed.
This fix will be available in the next version.

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register