Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Move a specific program to a specific monitor » on forum: Window Rules, or Tips and Tricks   Views: 8111

Ilmar Young

Posted: 04/19/2018 02:37:34

Hello

I have figured out how to start specific programs onto specific monitors utilizing the "specific settings" option.

is there any way that I can now move a specific program to a specific monitor using a macro or hot key?

I know that I can move the program that I currently have selected with my mouse on to a specific monitor utilizing a hot key... but it would simplify my life if I could hit a hot key at any time no matter which program I was working on and have a specific program go to monitor 1 or 3

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/22/2018 18:34:32

Hello Ilmar,

Yes, you can create a number of custom hotkeys for the Move to Monitor window action - one per each monitor.

Ilmar Young

Posted: 04/24/2018 21:04:04

Alex Fadeyev wrote:
Hello Ilmar,

Yes, you can create a number of custom hotkeys for the Move to Monitor window action - one per each monitor.

Yes... I have found that option.

Additionally,  I would like to have the option to move a "specific" program to a specific monitor.    Right now the hot keys only move the "active" program to a specific monitor.
SO another wards.  I first have to move the mouse cursor to a specific monitor and select which program I would like to move.  Only then can I type the hotkey and have the program move .

I would like it if I could setup a hotkey which could move say  Google Chrome to Monitor 3... and that this hotkey would work at all times regardless of where my mouse currently resides.

I do not know if AWM can do this right now however I am sure that this feature can be written in considering AWM has the "Specific settings" area which can manipulate specific programs .

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/13/2018 18:18:04

Hello Ilmar,

Sorry for the such long delay in replying.

E.g. you have 2 instances of Google Chrome opened and hit the hotkey combination (to move Google Chrome to another display). Should both instances of Google Chrome be moved to another display? If not, which exactly instance of Google Chrome should be moved?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register