Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Horizontal Scrolling: Can window sizing take that into account ? , I try to avoid horizontal scrolling; hopefully AWM can help with that » on forum: Window Rules, or Tips and Tricks   Views: 6491

Kai Tischler

Posted: 02/18/2017 22:11:42

Horizontal Scrolling oftentimes makes for quite a bad UX ! Therefore, I try to avoid it as much as possible; which means that I have to choose a minimum window width which makes horizontal scroll bars disappear.
Is there an approach in AWM which can help to make horizontal scroll bars disappear ? Or is there no chance to take care of this very important UX issue programmatically/automatically ?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/16/2017 15:39:13

Hello Kai,

There is no such possibility in Actual Window Manager (to apply this for each application/window).

However, if you have a few applications/windows you have the issue with, you could add Specific Settings (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings) for these windows and specify their minimal size there on the Size tab (Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Size -> Fix minimal size to).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register