Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Application Buttons Bring Taskbar to Foreground , When using auto-hide the taskbar gets focused as new applications open. » on forum: General   Views: 10901

MainTrane

Posted: 10/11/2019 02:27:02

I'm curious as to whether it would be possible to alter the default behavior of focusing the taskbar when a new application is launched. You know, the constant flashing of a newly-launched application's button on the taskbar.

It gets a bit frustrating when I launch apps minimized or at the bottom of the z-stack through AWM... they get the flashing button, and the taskbar won't go back down until I click that application's button. The problem being that I prefer not to give these apps focus when launched!

Thanks

Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64-bit
Actual Window manager 8.14.1
Intel Core i7-960 @ 3.2GHz
24GB (6x4GB) RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/17/2019 11:53:28

Hello, MainTrane

The only way Actual Window Manager can help you to avoid appearing of the taskbar when you start such applications is the "Remove taskbar entry" action in specific settings of AWM for these apps (AWM configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > particular specific settings for the application > Startup > Remove taskbar entry). Enabling this action you lose the ability to access the application from the taskbar but you still can switch to it via Alt+Tab or Win+Tab combination.

As far as I know, there is no way to disable the taskbar icon orange flashing in Windows. Although, some users report that this solution worked for them.

Could you specify the applications which have this taskbar button flashing in your system?

Best regards.

MainTrane

Posted: 10/17/2019 22:02:30

OK, I've previously tried the method you linked to (didn't work). Removing the button isn't what I wish to do. So I guess requesting this, the original inquiry, as a feature wouldn't work?

The issue happens with any program in general. All I have to do is have focus on another, already open, window and the opening/new window will flash in the taskbar. To reproduce this behavior through AWM, two ways I know work, is to set a program to open at the bottom of the stack (send to bottom) or open it minimized.

If it's not at all possible to achieve this, just forget it :(

Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64-bit
Actual Window manager 8.14.1
Intel Core i7-960 @ 3.2GHz
24GB (6x4GB) RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/25/2019 10:59:29

MainTrane,

We'll consider implementation of the ability of the taskbars to stay hidden unless you try to bring them intentionally. Although, I'm not sure whether it's possible with system taskbar. We'll post in this topic if such ability is implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register