Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «HDMI Mirror , No mouse with HDMI Mirrors » on forum: General   Views: 9265

Abdul Padia

Posted: 01/11/2017 04:14:18

Hi, We have 5 extra monitors in 5 different rooms.
3 of the monitors are SVGA and two are HDMI.
To try and see what is happening on one of the extra monitors we set up a mirror on the control laptop but we find that on the HDMI screens, we cannot see the mouse moving. This makes controlling what is on those screens impossible from the control monitor.
Can HDMI monitors not mirror the mouse?
Is there a better way of setting this up so we can see what is happening on each monitor.
Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/15/2017 19:45:35

Hello, Abdul

You connect the monitors to the laptop, right?

As i understand, you have the five mirrors created, each for its own monitor. Is the "Mirror the mouse pointer" option enabled for the mirrors that relates to the HDMI monitors?

What interfaces do you use to connect the monitors to the computer? Do you use docking station or usb video adapters?

What OS are you running (name, 32- or 64-bit edition)?

Best regards.

Abdul Padia

Posted: 01/16/2017 14:23:34

Hi Bogdan,

Yes we connect all the screen to the laptop. So in effect we use the laptop as the control computer and the place we arrange all the other screens.

We connect all the monitors/screens to the laptop using Display link plugable USB adaptors through a seven port powered USB hub.
http://plugable.com/products/uga-165/
We have 5 mirrors showing on the laptop, one for each of the other screens. The "Mirror the mouse pointer" is selected for all 5 mirrors.
We do not have a docking station only USB adaptors.
We are running Windows 10 (free update version) 32 bit.

To trouble shoot we have bought a long SVGA cable and replaced one of the HDMI cables. The mouse displays correctly in the mirror. When we go back to the HDMI cable the mouse is not mirrored.

So I guess we have a workaround by using only SVGA cables but it will be an expensive choice (we are a registered charity) and the added trouble of installing the bigger, thicker SVGA cables.

Thanks
Abdul

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/16/2017 16:48:33

Abdul,

Do you have the ability to check whether the mouse pointer is displayed, if you connect the monitor via hdmi straight to laptop without using the adapter?

Best regards.

Abdul Padia

Posted: 01/16/2017 16:58:50

Sorry Bogdan, we have no machines that have an HDMI output so I cannot check that.
I will see if I can borrow a machine to test that but I can't promise at the moment as I am not sure if I know anyone with a machine with HDMI output.
I will get back to you if I do manage to test that.

Thanks for helping
Abdul

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/25/2017 19:55:22

Hello, Abdul

We've checked how the mirror of HDMI-connected monitor works and for us it works fine, even when we connect the monitor via DisplayLink USB adapter. The only difference to your connection scheme was that we didn't use USB hub and connected the USB adapter directly to the computer.

What are your mirror settings? Could you try the following settings: Variable scale, Keep aspect ratio - enabled, Run as full screen - disabled. Does it work in this case?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register