Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Minimize One Monitor » on forum: General   Views: 4281

Chris Nobre

Posted: 04/06/2013 23:54:49

Hi all!
I'm brand new to having a secondary monitor and some quick online searches showed me one of the first things I should do is install Actual Multiple Monitors and it works great! I just have one request that I've been struggling with that maybe someone can help me with.
When I used one monitor, I would often find myself using Win+D to minimize all my active programs to reach something on my desktop or Rainmeter. With two monitors, I find that I wish I had some way to only maximize the active windows on one monitor, but not the other. Is there any way I can create a keyboard shortcut to do this? I tried playing with the custom Hotkeys function, but I can't get it to change the action of the new hotkey...

Thanks so much for your time!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/07/2013 23:45:30

Hello Chris

Is it important for you to use the Win+D shortcut?

You can use the Win+M shortcut (minimize all) and with the "Minimize all command affects only the monitor with mouse" option enabled (Configuration window > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar) it does what you need.

Best regards.

Chris Nobre

Posted: 04/08/2013 02:33:48

Beautiful! That did exactly what I needed to do. Just hadn't seen that part on the Taskbar menu. Thanks a bunch!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register