Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Updating to Windows Manager with Multiple Monitors already installed » on forum: General   Views: 5696

John Leslie

Posted: 08/20/2012 06:43:59

Hi
I have Multiple Monitors v4.2 installed on my Windows 7 64-bit PC already. I have just bought the latest ver sion (7.2) of Window Manager.
Before I install Window Manager,
- do I need to stop Mulitple Monoitor from running?
- do I need to unload Multiple Monitor?
- do I need to uninstall Multiple Monitor?
I am worried about the two programs clashing as Window Manager includes Multiple Monitor, I believe.

Thanks for your help

John Leslie

Posted: 08/29/2012 12:17:07

Hi
OK, haven't seen a reply yet  :( , however for anyone with a similar question, based on my experience so far:
- You don't need to uninstall Multiple Moniotors to be able to install Window Manager
- Your don't need to unload Multiple Monitors either.

However,
- you do need to stop Multiple Monitors from running if you want to run Windows Manager. (You will probably need to change the Multiple Monitors setting for 'load on Windows start-up').

It doesn't crash Windows or cause permanent damage if you run them both at the same time. However my experience is that they 'argue' and cause some weird effects with windows disappearing, re-sizing, overlapping the screen edge, refusing to unroll and so on. Probably because I had some different settings for the areas which are common to both Window Manager and Multiple Monitors.

As far as I can tell so far, there is no need to keep Multiple Monitors at all once you have the Pro version of Window Manager up and running; all the functionality of Multiple Monitors is included in Window Manager, and more of course. :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/31/2012 00:59:06

Hello John.

Sorry for the delay in answering.

Yes, you're right. You don't need to uninstall or unload Actual Multiple Monitors (or any of our products) to install Actual Window Manager (or any of our products).

You can have two or more of our products installed on your PC at the same time but it's not recommended to run several products at the same time because of different undesirable effects.

By the way, Actual Window Manager provides you with all the functionality available in other our products, so there is no need to install anything else.

Best regards.

John Leslie

Posted: 08/31/2012 08:13:45

Thank you very much for the confirmation, Bogdan. I'm using Window Manager only now and it all seems to be good and stable. Still odd difficulties with skinned windows like Spotify but working well with other like Adobe CS6 Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier and so on.

Very good product, thank you!

Regards
John
:)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/02/2012 22:52:34

Thank you for choosing our product and expressing appreciation.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register