New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «SKINS LOOK WIERD » on forum: General   Views: 11885

Posted: 05/23/2006 15:19:44

ok so i downloaded this program and I absolutely love it - fantastic extra features. my only problem is that the buttons look awful. they don't have the solid white square going around it - instead its blue with ugly white pixels here and there that just make it look totally out of place. wondering if anyone know anything about how to fix this?

alex

email me at alexisfromboston@yahoo.com if you have any suggestions -

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/24/2006 00:54:04

Well, Alex, thanks for your appreciation of our program. But please could you specify what one of our products exactly did you download? And did you try to alter the Title Buttons Skin options? Also it would be nice if you send a screenshot depicting the problem to the e-mail address in my signature.

Posted: 05/26/2006 11:18:52

Hi,

I have the same problem. The icons look ugly, and changing the skin doesn't help.

Tomer.

[img]D:\download\SP32-20060526-192015.gif[/img]

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/29/2006 23:35:27

Tomer, thanks for the important information.

It seems to be a bug and we will fix it in the next version of Actual Tools which we plan to release this July.

Sorry for the inconveniences, guys.

Tobiel Sayre

home user/amateur skinner

Posted: 07/13/2006 17:16:06

? Surprises me a bit. I use many different skins. With many of them, one of the buttons/skins sets looks good. Or at least so good, that, to be honest - I was too lazy to make my own buttons.

But if they really look unsatisfactory, I just wanted to remind you you can make your own ones, and explanations for how to do that (it´s not hard) are either in the updated help text of the new version, or in the forums and on the site here.

If the POSITION of the buttons looks bad or invisible, you can either shift buttons inside the window rule, or, if using an external skin, adapt that skin a bit to make them appear where you want.

So how can this really be a bug? Did I miss something?

SATYROBE/TAXIFUNK/Tobiel Sayre registered user; non-staff

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/14/2006 03:12:32

Hi Tobiel!

As I understood, the guys are talking about the case the buttons were enlarged (their size was changed via "Desktop Properties -> Appearance -> Advanced"). After that the standard buttons have the slick smoothed edge and ours have fat rough. So I considered it as a matter to fix.

Tobiel Sayre

home user/amateur skinner

Posted: 08/02/2006 11:39:47

Thanks for the explanation, Alexey. :D Sounds like work if adapted from the programs end. By the way tx for the mail info telling me meanwhile there is an exciting new build, congrats!!! (4.1) I will check it out this week, for sure.

Problem mentioned here does not apply to me right now then, I think and hope. But if the users having it dont change settings often, is it a naive idea or could they try making their own buttons with advanced graphics techniques and more pixels so as to have less losses when scaling to bigger sizes in the meantime? Anyway, good luck, everyone!

SATYROBE/TAXIFUNK/Tobiel Sayre registered user; non-staff

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register