Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[Possible Bug] AWM 5.5 Beta 2 - Compatibility Issues with Digsby , Unexpected Behavior with Program 'Digsby' » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 8484

Joseph Sullivan

Posted: 11/05/2009 05:28:09

Operating System - Windows XP SP3
Program Version - Actual Windows Manager Version 5.5 Beta 2

---

I use Digsby, a free IM client, which allows me to access multiple social networks at one time.  You can download the program here.  I am using the most current version, Build 24920.

Digsby allows me to dock the window on the right-side and set it to auto-hide, which I use.

If I make any change to the rules in AWM and save, Digsby is unhidden and is significantly more difficult to rehide than usual.

So, I added an exception rule for Digsby.  This had no effect.  Still has the same unexpected behavior.

To be fair, I'm not sure if this is a Digsby-specific issue, and outside the scope of your program.  I am also using RocketDock, which also docks / autohides, and have not seen similar behavior from that program.  This is why I have listed this report as a Possible Bug.

Please advise if there is anything I can do to assist.  Thank you.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/10/2009 12:39:36

Joseph, is the subject issue still actual with the just released beta 4?

Joseph Sullivan

Posted: 01/27/2010 18:12:09

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.

The issue still exists (6.0b1).

However, I believe it is not the cause of your program, specifically.  Apparently, there's an issue with Digsby with any full screen application, with the same results as described above.

I believe it may be caused by the hook into the Digsby window being updated.  Perhaps, in future editions, you may want to consider putting Digsby on your exception list.  I'll test this out on my end.

Thanks for your help.

Joseph Sullivan

Posted: 01/27/2010 18:14:23

Adding to the exceptions doesn't seem to help.  So, I'm back to not knowing what's going on, specifically.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do on my end to pin point the issue.

Thanks again.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register