Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM v5.5 b2 , Bug in Beat 2 of v5.5 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 14597

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 11/04/2009 06:53:57

I just installed the Beta 2 of version 5.5 and I see some massive enhancements that mean a lot.  However I have a screenshot of a slight bug with the emulated systray.

Otherwise, I and thrilled about the Clock and systray emulation as well as the "Save Position" feature of the min-to-screen feature!

WooHoo!  :)  

What was is only the way it was because it was what it was when it was the way it was.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/04/2009 11:02:09

Robert, thank you for the report! Please specify the version of your Windows and what visual theme you are using.

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 11/05/2009 09:49:24

I'm using WinXP Pro w/ SP3 & all Updates are current.

I have the visual styles (uxtheme patch) installed and the VStyle I am currently using is "MarinaF" that I got from DeviantArt.com.  I've been using this theme for a very long time now.

Also I have another issue and the screencap is inserted. Also the previous screencap has deteriorated even further... I now do not have any icons present and the blacked out area is all that is now showing. and the clock text is garbled.

I feel obligated to say that even with this I am steadfastly determined to continue with b2 and any future revs.  I will not roll back and will continue to test for you.  This product is vital to my productivity both at home and at work and I know it is worth it.

:)  

What was is only the way it was because it was what it was when it was the way it was.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/10/2009 05:25:50

Robert,

The bug with the "MarinaF" custom theme is confirmed, we'll try to fix it until the release.

As for the error from the screenshot you provided, we can't say anything specific. It would be nice if you find the reproducable sequence of actions which forces this error to emerge so that we could try to catch it on our developer machine.

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 11/10/2009 09:31:41

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay on my part.  

The error happens when I attempt to open an explorer window from either of my taskbars, (main or replicas).  

I have a screenshot of two of my taskbars that show my icons for opening drives, files, and system items.  

If I attempt to open "My Computer" or the C/D Drives or any Share Drive I get that error and then it closes the window that was opened.

However, if I try to open the very same item via my desktop, Start Button, or an already opened explorer window, everything works fine and I do not get that error at all.

I hope this helped you.
Cheers

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/13/2009 13:15:05

Robert, thanks for the information. The bug you described is similar to one mentioned here and here, and it's finally been caught and fixed today by our lead developer Alexander Belyakov. The fix will be available in the upcoming beta 3, so just be be patient. :)

Alexander Belyakov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/15/2009 22:04:57

Robert, tray painting in Marina Full theme has been fixed. The fix will be included in the next version.
Thank you for reporting us this issue!

Robert Carpenter

Posted: 11/18/2009 05:22:39

Apologies for the tardiness in responding.

However,  Ya'll are Awesome! Thanks for being a highly active and your committedness for improving your products!

Rob.

----------
Committedness  - Is that even a word? LOL  :D  

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/20/2009 13:41:08

The beta 3 is finally out so please check if the subject issues are fixed. :) Thanks!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register