New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «AWM 5.2b1 issues and suggestions , Also a re-request for a main AWM feature :) » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 49373

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 07/18/2008 08:19:51

Really like the new dual taskbar - although Ultraexplorer (www.mustangpeak.net) refuses to move over to the new task bar regardless of which monitor its window is on.

Would it be possible to add a context menu to the new task bar with some options? e.g.

- Lock taskbar (get rid of resize handle)
- Autohide
- Group similar taskbar buttons

As I've mentioned before, I use TaskShuffle to re-order icons on the main taskbar and it works really well - no need to press shift (why use this rather than just a straight drag?) and it has better visual feedback during dragging - it would be great if this could be built into AWM.

Finally, the re-ordering of the second taskbar also seem erratic sometimes - every now and again the mouse jumps from the secondary taskbar to the centre of either the primary or secondary monitor (still dragging its little square). I haven't yet found a pattern to this behaviour, but I'll keep looking...

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/23/2008 05:49:34

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback! Here are some comments on it:

Ultraexplorer (www.mustangpeak.net) refuses to move over to the new task bar

We'll check it, thanks for the note.

Would it be possible to add a context menu to the new task bar with some options?

Yes, we will try to implement as many as possible features of the main taskbar (such as locking, button grouping etc.).

no need to press shift (why use this rather than just a straight drag?)

We will consider this remark.

I haven't yet found a pattern to this behaviour

Please let us know about your progress on this way. Thank  you!

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 07/29/2008 15:23:55

Cheers - no further on the dragging issue I'm afraid - will keep looking.

Also, a note for the webadmin - I'm sure I subscribed to this thread, but I haven't received any emails from it... Is the subscription still working?

Thanks,

David.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/30/2008 12:40:15

David,

Please check your subscription status using the "Subscription" button in the above "Subscribe for:" menu and confirm that you have subscribed.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 09/29/2008 10:25:14

As posted in the other thread, subscription seems erratic. I get some updates and not others. I'm definitely subscribed to this thread and didn't get your last reply...

Anyway, the curious behaviour on dragging icons on the secondary task bar is defying all my attempts at a repeatable 'recipe' to demonstrate it. It seems to happen to any app, commonly when rearranging the rightmost 2 taskbar buttons, but (a) not always and (b) not necessarily the rightmost 2! I'll keep testing...

Another glitch which seem so far only to affect Firefox (3.0.3, but also happened with 3.0.0) on the secondary taskbar. To reproduce this:

1. Open any app (MS Word, Explorer tested so far)
2. Move it to the right-hand taskbar by moving it to the secondary monitor
3. Open Firefox and move it to the secondary taskbar
4. Click on the Word / Explorer / etc. taskbar button, to bring that window to the front
5. Click on the same button again to minimise that app and show the Firefox window 'behind'.

Firefox will display on the secondary monitor, but its taskbar icon will jump back to the primary taskbar. A few more clicks on the Firefox taskbar icon will bring it back (a minimise/maximise cycle is enough).

Cheers,

Dave.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/08/2009 02:56:49

OK, just installed 5.3b1 and the issue of taskbar buttons jumping between monitors is still there. But I have noticed a subtle pattern which might help nail it down.

To reliably reproduce it, I've been using FirefoxPortable - I don't have the 'normal' version to check against I'm afraid. The setup is to put Firefox on Monitor 2 and, say, Explorer on monitor 1. So, I have an explorer taskbar button on the primary taskbar, and Firefox's button on the secondary taskbar.

Now, with both windows visible on the screens, do the following:

1. Switch focus to Firefox
2. Switch focus to Explorer
3. Click on Explorers taskbar button to minimise it.

Now, I have both Explorers button AND Firefox's button together on the primary taskbar.

When I next switch focus back to Firefox (e.g. by clicking in its window), its taskbar button jumps back to the secondary taskbar where it should be.

I can just about see this behaviour with any app in fact - e.g. 2 explorer windows. Just have one on each monitor, set focus on the secondary and then repeatedly click the taskbar button on the primary taskbar - the button from the secondary taskbar flashes on the primary very quickly. But with FirefoxPortable, it seems to get stuck until the next focus change.

Hope that helps - let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

David.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/13/2009 05:31:08

Dear Devid,

Thank you for your message. We’ll try to remove this defect on our next version.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/13/2009 13:22:43

OK, thanks. Just an update to say that Subscription to forums still isn't working  :(  

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/13/2009 22:58:52

Dear David,

Thank you for the notification. We are testing it.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/20/2009 03:41:53

Dear David,

Please, write to us if your subscription is working.

Messages 1 - 10 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register