Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 32
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Strange Windows Explorer Issue » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 138037

Tom Wolf

Posted: 02/09/2018 14:17:39

I'm using Actual Window Manager 8.12 beta 2 on Windows 10 Pro 10.0.16299

After a while when I open the windows file explorer it opens as a transparent window "overlay".
It doesn't show anything but the desktop and windows that are not in focus.
If I grab any window and drag it it looks really weird.

At this point a have to force close AWM via task manager and run it manually.
After that, everything is fine again.

Sorry, I really don't know how to describe that issue.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/22/2018 19:57:03

Hello, Tom

I was unable to reproduce this problem.

After a while when I open the windows file explorer it opens as a transparent window "overlay".
Does this happen only with a newly opened Windows explorer window (when there is no open explorer windows and then you open one)? Or this can happen with an explorer window that is already open for some time as well?

Do you mean this problem happens some time after the start of the system? How soon it usually happens?

Could you tell how often the problem happens (for example three times a day or three times a week)?

Does this problem happen only when the "Group Explorer windows within tabbed containers" option is enabled (AWM configuration module > Files and Folders > Tabbed Explorer > Group Explorer windows...)?

Do other elements of Actual Window Manager (title buttons in other applications, additional taskbars etc.) work
correctly when this problem happens?

technoid

Posted: 03/01/2018 05:05:00

I have an similar issue with the Explorer on Windows 7 x64, but only when "Tabbed Explorer" is enabled. It occurs only if the Explorer window is maximized. This is since this feature is available. Therefore I have disabled this feature all the time, but I don't need it.

Graphics card is an Nvidia NVS 450. I think it has to do with Nvidia driver settings. I have disabled the hardware acceleration.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/11/2018 21:50:03

technoid,

Sorry for the delay.

It occurs only if the Explorer window is maximized.
Do you mean the problem happens every time you maximize the tabbed container window or only sometimes?

I have disabled the hardware acceleration.
Where exactly you've disabled it?

Could you temporarily enable the hardware acceleration and see whether the problem appears?

Best regards.

technoid

Posted: 04/17/2018 10:59:13

Hello Bogdan,

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Do you mean the problem happens every time you maximize the tabbed container window or only sometimes?

Yes, it happens every time until Windows 7 is restarted. But it happens only on the main monitor.

Technoid wrote:
I have disabled the hardware acceleration.
Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Where exactly you've disabled it?

In Internet Explorer Settings.

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Could you temporarily enable the hardware acceleration and see whether the problem appears?

I will test it next weekend.

Best regards.

technoid

Posted: 04/22/2018 06:10:21

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:

Tested with AWM 8.12 and enabled hardware acceleration now, but it doesn't make any difference.

The latest Nvidia driver (342.00) for the NVS 450 (2xG98/Geforce 8400GS) is installed.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/28/2018 17:06:31

Hello, technoid

Sorry for the delay.

Could you enable the Tabbed Explorer feature, open some folders, so that the Tabbed Explorer window appears, then make sure the Tabbed Explorer window is not maximized, not snapped to border of the monitor and has size significantly less than the monitor's size. Does the problem persist in this case, when you maximize other windows?

Then make the Tabbed Explorer window take one half (upper or lower) of the monitor, so that three sides of the window were snapped to the monitor borders, and see whether the issue persists in this case and how it appears with other windows?

Let us know the results.

Best regards.

technoid

Posted: 06/02/2018 14:40:56

Hello Bogdan,

the problem doesn't occur when the Tabbed Explorer window is snapped to all borders and never was maximized.

It only occurs, when the Tabbed Explorer was maximized once, but then it is persistent until the OS is restarted, regardless of whether AWM is running or not. It seems to be that something crashes in windows with maximizing the Tabbed Explorer window.

Tested with 8.12.2

Best regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/04/2018 17:11:57

technoid,

Could you when the problem starts go to the standard Windows Screen Resolution settings and slightly move one of the monitors up or down, then hit Apply and see whether the problem is still there.

Is the background slideshow feature of AWM enabled in the configuration module (AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Background > Individual picture... > Slideshow)?

If yes, then is the "Show picture source" option enabled? Does disabling of these features influence the problem?

Best regards.

technoid

Posted: 06/04/2018 18:28:36

Hello Bogdan,

slideshow is not enabled. The background is set to "current Windows background".

Screen resolution is native at both monitors and it is 1600 x 1200. But I don't have enabled the task bar at the second monitor.

If the problem has started, all maximized windows are completely like ghosted. I have to use the context menu of the task bar icon to restore the window size (the context menu of the title bar doesn't work and it opens the context menu of an desktop icon behind there). Restored windows are displayed and working normal. When I move a window to the second monitor, maximize it there and then move it to the first monitor (via  context menu of the window title bar), it is displayed normal and working, although Windows have to downsize the window for the task bar there.

It seems to be, that the maximized "Tabbed Explorer" collides with the task bar.

At the weekend I will test:

- move the "Tabbed Explorer" to the second monitor and maximize it there
- move down the monitor resolution when the problem has started

Best regards

Messages 1 - 10 of 32
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search