Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED]Desktop Divider , Tile Layout Draw Error » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 5195

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2014 02:33:34

AWM > Desktop Divider > Tile Layouts > Enabled Desktop Divider = Checked

The "Title View" rectangle is calculated correctly. However, the "Layout Frame" is not being drawn correctly when the Windows Taskbar is docked at the TOP of the screen. It appears as if the Layout Frame's BOTTOM / HEIGHT attribute is not calculated removing the height of the Taskbar.

I believe the problem is related to multi-display systems where all monitors do not have the same Taskbar height (when docked at the top/bottom of the screen). What doesn't make sense is I'd expect to see on one of the monitors displaying the correct Layout Frame, but both monitors have the bottom of the Layout Frame missing.

Thanks,
Lars

UPDATE: When the Desktop Divider is 'activated' it correctly snaps to the locations inside of the Layout Frame even when the Layout Frame is missing at the bottom as described herein.

Desktop Divider Configuration:

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 08/27/2014 17:41:53

Thank you for your post, Lars!

This is how it's meant to be - these previews aren't supposed to display taskbars. This fact doesn't cause inconveniences, does it? And the Desktop Divider seems to be working properly even if the taskbar height is on its maximum, right? What do you think?

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2014 20:55:13

This is how it's meant to be - these previews aren't supposed to display taskbars. This fact doesn't cause inconveniences, does it? And the Desktop Divider seems to be working properly even if the taskbar height is on its maximum, right? What do you think?

The Tile Preview correctly doesn't include the Taskbars. Please see the screen capture below for reference and you can see how on monitor #2 the outside defined tile frame is not created on the right and bottom. Same for monitor #1 at the bottom. The configuration is as posted in the above screen capture.

No borders screen capture (NOTE: it is easy to see if you load this image into an editor or viewer which has a BLACK background as you can then immediately see the purple border regions):

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 08/27/2014 21:48:36

Am I correct in understanding that everything regarding this issue is okay, except the invisibility of these tile borders?

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2014 21:57:34

Am I correct in understanding that everything regarding this issue is okay, except the invisibility of these tile borders?
Functionality wise the feature works as expected. However, the Layout Frame (purple) outline is not drawn correctly. I realize it may be considered trivial in by most, but the Tile Preview (red) is drawn correctly so the code is there in one spot but not in the other. Easy fix.  :evil: :-)

Alexander, you know you are Alex are awesome developers so you want keep that Zen of perfection going...  :)

What are your thought of master of perfection.

Thanks!
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 08/27/2014 22:12:43

Thank you for your reply, Lars!

The issue has been confirmed. I just wanted to know if I understood you correctly. We will definitely try to fix it, as it is a shortcoming.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2014 22:30:38

The issue has been confirmed. I just wanted to know if I understood you correctly. We will definitely try to fix it, as it is a shortcoming.
You guys are awesome!

Thanks,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help