New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 31 - 40 of 71
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[ANN] Beta 5 is delayed until next Monday » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 47475

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 08/17/2014 23:23:42

I assure you Revo will NOT be able to remove all artifacts from software which is already installed -- that's impossible. Even if Revo monitors said software while it (the target software you want to completely remove) is executing (and it accesses everything which was installed) and records all activity you cannot be assured all is removed. Even under this case it isn't possible to know for sure what the pre-installed software "owns".
I didn't say anything like that.   ;)

Revo finds a lot, and in this case (AWM) enough. That's all I asserted.

Cheers,
Jan

--
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Xahi4475

Posted: 08/18/2014 00:14:09

Thanks, Zardoz2293, for the link. I use it next time I need to install old version. ;)

-----
Actual Window Manager, ShellToys, Macro Express, AdMuncher,
gMote, DMEXBar, AutoHotkey...

Kaitlynn Allen

Posted: 08/18/2014 01:22:19

Well I use 'Your Unin-staller!' and have done for years, I've found it to be very through in the past, but it cant see any remnants of the beta, so I guess I've just got to live with it for the time being.

Facilis

Posted: 08/18/2014 18:01:32

I found the solution.

You have to Remove the Actual Dir in C:\ProgramData. There is the 8.2 Beta4 Update inside. Everytime you install the Stable Version, he pickup the Update Version in C:\ProgramData.

Jan-Christoph Ihrens

Posted: 08/18/2014 18:21:23

You have to Remove the Actual Dir in C:\ProgramData. There is the 8.2 Beta4 Update inside. Everytime you install the Stable Version, he pickup the Update Version in C:\ProgramData.
That's strange - I had found several program versions there and moved everything beyond 8.1.4 into a directory named "backup" because I suspected this could be the culprit, but it didn't help. I didn't expect it to find the beta versions despite the changed path...  :|

Cheers,
Jan

--
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/18/2014 18:54:55

Hello all,

I have not had any issues with going back from 8.2 beta 4 to 8.1.4 on my Vista Ultimate 32-bit computer (maybe that is finally an advantage of still being on Vista  ;) . I just installed on on top of the beta, without restart. Apparently the issue only happens with certain systems but not all. Maybe the people having this issue could post your system's specs so that Actual Tools can figure out under what circumstances it happens? I am sure it will be appreciated.

I have always been able to install old versions on top of betas, and have never had any issues with that. I even do it without having an image made just before I go back to an old version. I do however make at least one image per week. AWM has been so reliable in the past that I trust this procedure. But apparently in some cases it does go wrong. As someone said earlier in this thread: Actual Tools has been doing such a good job in the past that if it does go wrong we apparently do not expect it. That being said, these are still betas, issues can occur (and have occurred, also for me). If I am too busy meeting deadlines and I cannot afford to lose any time, I will never install betas. Otherwise I have no problem installing AWM betas, not even on my production machine.

Last, I do agree with setting the timeframe a little bit longer for betas in order to avoid situations like these. Usually new betas are delivered right when the current beta runs out, and that has always seen risky to me. Maybe Actual tools can pickup this suggestion.

Best regards,

Pim Joosten

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 08/18/2014 20:24:40

Hello, guys! Thank you for your patience! We're working on this issue.

Everyone, who has the reinstall issue, please take a look at these directions.

support@actualtools.com

Richard Macbeth

Posted: 08/19/2014 01:20:03

Thanks for the update and as far as back loading a version it will not work.  You will need to uninstall it completely and then install down level code.   :idea:

Brian Reisman

Posted: 08/19/2014 02:58:22

So is Beta 5 expected to be released today? 8/18/2014 or next Monday, the 25th?

/bR
http://brianreisman.com/wp

Chris Miller
Advanced user

Posted: 08/19/2014 03:43:21

What's so hard about re-releasing 8.2b4 with an updated expiration to cover the necessary time to release beta5?  I've been apart of MANY beta groups that have done just that.  This isn't rocket science.  Soooo..instead of doing that, they put everybody through hell trying to uninstall/reinstall the application.

Thanks alot!  /sarcasm

Messages 31 - 40 of 71
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register