Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Window Manager 4.4 beta 3 is available! , Significantly redesigned UI, new Pin-to-Desktop feature, minor fixes » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 11467

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/15/2007 17:21:12

Actual Tools has released the 3rd beta version of Actual Window Manager 4.4.

Here is the short list of changes and improvements:

[ * ] All property sheets for window rule settings are significantly redesigned.
[ + ] The new Pin-to-Desktop feature is added: when window is pinned it disappears from taskbar and Alt-Tab sequence and can't be minimized in any way so it's visible all the time until it's unpinned.
[ - ] The bug of incorrect window placement to a primary display while it's resized on secondary display is fixed.
[ - ] The bug of adding a new rule to the empty Specific Windows list is fixed.

You can download it here.

I strongly recommend the following way of installation to avoid conflicts with the previous version of AWM:

1) install this beta into a separate folder (for example, "C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager 4.4 beta 3"). Don't run AWM just after the installation!

2) run your current version's Configuration, open the "Options" window and clear the "Load at startup" checkbox

3) copy your current version's WindowRules.ini settings file from the folder where you installed the release version of Actual Window Manager ("C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager" by default) to the folder created at step 1

4) run the beta version's Configuration, open the "Options" window and mark the "Load at startup" checkbox

5) restart your PC!

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 03/20/2007 02:34:42

Just to say that I didn't seem to need to follow steps 2, 3 or 4 above. The configuration options are in the users profile directory now aren't they? So won't they be used by the new versions automatically?

Also, when I next rebooted and logged in, the beta version was the one running, not version 4.3. How does the 'load on startup' option work? Is it a registry entry?

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/20/2007 05:10:57

Hello David,

1) Thank you for your remark, it confirmed. Certainly you are right and the configuration options are already in the users directory. We are sure to change the instructions.

2) I guess the most likely reason of such behavior is that the installator has rewritten the value because of the path directed by a separate folder.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register