Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Window Manager 4.4 beta 2 is available! , Cool transparency transitions, many bugfixes » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 19328

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/20/2007 12:45:52

Actual Tools has released the 2nd beta version of Actual Window Manager 4.4.

Here is the short list of changes and improvements:

[ + ] The ability is added to adjust the font used by the Configuration Module (refer to the "User Interface" property sheet in the "Options" window).
[ + ] The translation to the Serbian language is added (both Latin and Cyrillic versions are available).
[ + ] The long-awaited feature is added: now it's possible to remove the standard window parts like Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons, window icon, window sizeable border, or window caption so fixing a window in its current state and preventing its moving/resizing/closing. Use with care!
[ + ] The ability is added to turn on smooth transitions between different transparency levels (refer to the "Visual Effects" property sheet in the "Options" window).
[ * ] Now title buttons are displayed correctly when using Vista Transformation Pack, XP Media Center Edition theme or some StyleXP themes.
[ * ] The Ghost property sheet's layout is changed.
[ - ] Transparency effect's conflict with Rainlendar 2, RocketDock, Samurize and Y'z Shadow is fixed.
[ - ] The bug is fixed: XP Remote Desktop client was crashed if minimized to the system tray, and the configuration was saved.
[ - ] The bug is fixed: the Windows Vista Firewall with Advanced Security's GUI was hung when the "New Rule..." button was pressed while running the Actual Tools program.
[ - ] The bug is fixed: now title buttons work correctly in Excel 2007.
[ - ] The bug is fixed: now multiple instances of Excel 2003/2007 workbooks and Acrobat 7 documents can be correctly minimized to the system tray.
[ - ] The bug is fixed: if in multi-monitor configuration some windows were placed to a secondary display, and it was unplugged during the session then such windows are moved automatically to the primary display.
[ - ] The bug with Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar's hang is fixed.
[ - ] The bug is fixed: Mozilla applications (Firefox, Thunderbird) left their taskbar entry if they were minimized to the system tray via the standard Minimize button.
[ - ] The bug with VMware Workstation 5.5 crash while opening the Snapshot Manager is fixed.
[ - ] The visual glitch is fixed when using the Tabbed Browsing plugin of Windows Live! Toolbar.
[ - ] The bug is fixed: Eudora was crashed immediately at startup if there any of extra Actual Tools buttons were added.

You can download it here.

I strongly recommend the following way of installation to avoid conflicts with the previous version of AWM:

1) install this beta into a separate folder (for example, "C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager 4.4 beta 2"). Don't run AWM just after the installation!

2) run your current version's Configuration, open the "Options" window and clear the "Load at startup" checkbox

3) copy your current version's WindowRules.ini settings file from the folder where you installed the release version of Actual Window Manager ("C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager" by default) to the folder created at step 1

4) run the beta version's Configuration, open the "Options" window and mark the "Load at startup" checkbox

5) restart your PC!

Patrick Eekhout

Posted: 02/20/2007 17:33:53

Unfortunately I have the following trouble:

MS Office Outlook 2007
- when changing from one message to another, the reading-pane does not update correctly. This seems to be related to "Title buttons" only. When I choose not to show any of the title buttons. Processor-usage goes up to a stable 25%.
- right-aligning (starting position of window = upperleft) does put window to the right, but leaves a space between the right border of the screen and the window for about 134 pixels. This occures in (at least) v4.3 and higher.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/21/2007 07:10:05

Patrick, thanks for the report.

The reading-pane issue is confirmed and will be fixed as soon as possible.

As for the second issue, please be more specific: do you have the described right-alignment problem with any window or with some particular ones?

Gavin Townsend

Posted: 02/24/2007 21:45:22

Alexey, just so you know, version 4.4 beta 2 of AWM still doesn't work well with WindowBlinds version 5.X. I can't get any of the toolbar buttons to show. I sense they are there within the title bar of application windows, but the buttons themselves are hidden. I can click on the title bar and get "transparency" or "rollup" effects, but without being able to see the buttons, I can't really control anything...unless of course I use the right-click drop-down AWM menu.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/27/2007 09:32:16

Gavin, sorry but this is not our fault. Since the version 5 WindowBlinds uses its own non-standard mechanisms to display some advanced skins (try different skins and you'll see that our buttons are visible in some of them); in our turn, we use standard Windows mechanisms and so can't interfere correctly in WindowBlinds displaying without some cooperation from WindowBlinds developers.

It would be great if you (and all other our customers who uses our software along with WindowBlinds 5) try to convince the Stardock technical stuff to help us improve the compatibility between Actual Tools products and WindowBlinds 5.

Patrick Eekhout

Posted: 02/28/2007 16:59:21

Please see my msg 20-02-2007 and your msg 21-02-2007.

The second issue is related to MS Office Outlook 2007 only.

The first issue occured for the first time today with Excel too :-(

Occassionally I'm having trouble that windows don't appear anymore, after being minimized?! For example Excel and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Sorry that I can't be more specific at the moment.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 03/07/2007 02:57:12

Patrick, please send me your configuration ("File -> Send Configuration -> Send to the Tech Support"). Do I remember correct that you're using Windows 2003 Server R2?

Albert Kok

Posted: 02/10/2009 02:04:19

The top link to the beta version is dead (getting "Not find"), can reach the beta through the second link. This may be temporary but I thought I should tell.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/11/2009 03:17:38

Dear Albert,

It is a old topic. Now we are testing Actual Window Manager 5.3 beta 2not Actual Window Manager 4.4 beta 2.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register