Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Classic Snapping to Invisible Windows , AWM 7.0 beta 1 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 6317

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 01/20/2012 11:00:21

Hello,

I use "Stardock Object Dock" (http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/) to display a dock with shortcuts to often-used programs on the top of my second monitor. The dock is set to "Autohide", so it hides when i move my mouse away fr om the top border of the screen.

I also have activated in AWM "Classic Window Snapping" (To monitor/desktop boundaries, to other windows (also from inside)). The Problem is, if I move a window to the top of my second monitor then the window snaps to invisible edges. It snaps to the edges wh ere the dock WOULD be if it was not hidden.

This may be not a problem with your program, but with the implementation of the auto-hide-feature from object dock (I think the windows snap to some kind of invisible container-windows or so). I'm only asking for the following: There should be a way to deactive snapping TO a window.

I can deactivate snapping OF/FROM a window via the window menu. But other windows will still snap TO this window if I deactivate this option.
Also in this case this would help nothing, because the Object Dock Windows don't have a window menu. So even if there would be an option in the window menu to deactivate snapping TO this window I could not access it.

So it should be either possible to do this via a Specific Setting (maybe under the StartUp-Pane):
- (De)Activate snapping of/from this window
- (De)Activate snapping to this window

OR setting an Exclusion should deactivate snapping to the window, but at the moment this does not work.
I set an Exclusion to the Program "\ObjectDock.exe", but the other windows still snap to these invisible borders.

I also have confirmed this is really a problem with ObjectDock. If I close/unload ObjectDock the windows do not snap to invisible edges at the top of my second monitor.

I'm using Windows XP 32-Bit SP3.

Best Regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/23/2012 01:47:34

Hello Bertram,

Thanks for the post.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/22/2012 08:38:43

Hello,

I tried another program (window space) that also has a "classic snapping" feature and it does not snap to this invisible borders. So i think the problem with "Stardock Object Dock" is not a feature request, but a bug.

This
So it should be either possible to do this via a Specific Setting (maybe under the StartUp-Pane):
- (De)Activate snapping of/from this window
- (De)Activate snapping to this window
is now a feature request.

Best Regards.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/22/2012 21:22:49

I tried another program (window space) that also has a "classic snapping" feature and it does not snap to this invisible borders. So i think the problem with "Stardock Object Dock" is not a feature request, but a bug.
- hello Bertram, thanks for the message.

We'll investigate this.

Best regards.

Bertram Vogel
Advanced user

Posted: 03/31/2012 10:03:58

I just wanted to state that the classic snapping changes in AWM 7.0, which solved two other problems with snapping, unfortunatly did not fix this problem.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/02/2012 00:47:12

Bertram, this problem hasn't been fixed yet.

Please, be patient.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register