Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Incompatibility Issues? , Actual Tools/Registry Mechanic 5.1 » on forum: Beta Testing   Views: 12736

PRISCILLA THOMPSON

Posted: 02/15/2006 10:59:01

:| I installed Actual Tools Manager Beta this morning and before have had no problems with the restart of my computer.
Now if I reboot with Actual Tools Manager enabled when I reboot Registry Mechanic locks up and if I try to ctrl, alt, del and close RM then I get the RM rolled up with no way to close it or open it. If I open config for ATM then it's rolled up and now way to do anything with it unless I unload it which luckily I can get to that menu to do. Also I get this big black box taking up most of my desktop instead of the background that is originally up there!

Also I thought when you used the minimize tool that you had to manually do this or even the roll up.

When I have Actual Tools enabled my windows upon restart disappear on me and rollup and there's no way for me to get them back unless I unload ATM and drag the window back to the size it should be.

If I unload ATM from startup and windows loads I have no problem with RM or anything else.

My Computer Specs are the following:
Intel Penteum 4 CPU 2.8ghz
Windows XP Professional
1gb ram
Service Pack 2
HD: 102gb free

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/15/2006 23:58:41

It's possible that all those windows aren't rolled up really, they could be resized to such small values. Try to resize such "rolled up" window manually: move your mouse cursor to the edge of such window until cursor changes to "resize arrow", then press left mouse button and drag the mouse without releasing left button to restore reasonable window size.

Also, please, send us your beta settings file (better if packed by ZIP) to support@actualtools.com. It's named "WindowRules.ini" and placed in beta installation folder ("C:\Program Files\Actual Window Manager 4.0 beta" by default).

PRISCILLA THOMPSON

Posted: 02/16/2006 11:15:52

I forgot to mention that I tried that and the resizing of windows is off.  I see it roll up even after RM is closed there's no available X on it to close it out. and it won't let ya resize it.

Also when I first started using this I turned on some things I wasn't sure what they where but when I saw the mess it created I took everything off.  I'm not even using Minimizer right now cause all my windows want to keep minimizing or roll up.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/20/2006 05:36:35

Priscilla, did you receive my e-mail with recommendations related to AWM 4.0 beta use?

PRISCILLA THOMPSON

Posted: 02/20/2006 10:54:08

Yes I received, and even though I had already previously taken ghosting off it still didn't work right.

But that's ok I uninstalled it and run registry mechanic then restarted then reinstalled and now all is working wonderfully.

I love this program as it does help with managing windows so much that I didn't want to not use it so persistance is all it took!

Thanks for the time you took to help and I will try to only do one thing at a time now so I know what works and don't work.

Some of the other programs are new since I have only used minimizer before but I like the rollup so far to!

Will keep using it and see if I run into any more problems and this time around when I reinstalled I didn't have that problem with RM so I'm contributing that to having the 3.8 version installed at the same time which I have uninstalled that to.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 02/21/2006 07:45:11

Glad that you like our product.

Yes, there are some bugs in ghost implementing code, we're fixing them now. Also, I want to inform you that we'll cut some potentially problematic and meaningless options from "All Windows", so it will prevent some silly and obvious problems.

Please, keep participating in our beta test and provide us with the feedback.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register