Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «compatibility with stardock windowblinds » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 10962

Posted: 11/01/2005 04:10:15

Hi,

When using this program with Stardock Windowblids then the actual buttons look nasty not adhering to the skin applied by windowblinds.

Would there be a way to correct this?

Rgds,
Bogdan

Tobiel Sayre

home user/amateur skinner

Posted: 11/19/2005 02:12:55

1.) Shift buttons inside window rule of ActWinMan or ActTitle buttons to place them closer to where they belong

2.) Reskin unsatisfactory button looks after that by using free or registered SkinStudio also by Stardock compatible to WindowBlinds

3.) Or/and you might successfully alter looks of EVERY button applied by ActWinMan by applying a skin you download or make with WindowBlinds using a per application in/exclusion JUST FOR ActWINMAN. If ActWinMan behaves nonskinnable, program DIRECT SKIN by the makers of WindowBlinds changes program source codes to make them skinnable (legally speaking, altering of source codes might be something to clarify here first, for private use, who would kill you?) DIRECT SKIN basically addresses developers and companies and IS NOT CHEAP but most likely will NOT BE NEEDED if you follow suggestions above.

SATYROBE/TAXIFUNK/Tobiel Sayre registered user; non-staff

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/24/2005 06:37:36

And thanks again, Tobiel. I'd like to say that in our next major release of Actual Tools a full caption buttons skin support will be implemented. So, please, have patience and wait for this update.

Stephen Kunkel

Posted: 11/26/2010 12:00:39

Hi Folks, I just did a Google search and found this old post that I'm replying to...  When using Windowblinds and ActualWindowManager on my XP Pro laptop, the AWM buttons become invisible (though if I click on them, they are apparently still there).  I tried shifting the buttons to the left (with the AWM pref options) but that doesn't help.  Tobiel, do you (or anyone) have any Ideas of other settings to tweak, to get the buttons to display?  (note: I search the Wincustomize forums and didn't find anything.)  Thanks!

EDIT:  I just a search on THIS forum and I see that this is a frequently-posted problem...  Anyway, hopefully someone will know the answer.  Extra note: The problem of invisible buttons does not seem to be present on Vista Home Prem, Just XP Pro....

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/01/2011 03:39:13

Hello Stephen,

We know about this incompatibility with Windowblinds.

Unfortunately we don't have enough time to fix it because we have more important tasks now.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register