Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Desktop Divider Setup » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 701

Peter Jones

Posted: 05/20/2023 02:28:46

A long-time user of Actual Tools here. I go through a period of using Desktop Divider extensively, then not for a while until another job turns up that requires it. It's a great tool, but a drag to set up (I am on a 4K screen so the possibilities are almost endless).

The thing that  grinds me down is when you edit a panel you see a grey screen with the vertical and horizontal bars. That would be OK (and, indeed, it was) for small screens, but on a big one there is a LOT of back and forth between editing panels and trying them out.

What would be really cool would be for the editing screen to be an overlay onto an actual desktop, so the real windows show through underneath. I tend to set up windows how I like them (or, rather, suddenly decide "yes, this is how I want them to be") and translating that layout to dividers without being able to see the windows is tricky. have them show through instead of the plain grey and it would be easy.

Alternatively, let me multi-select some windows and then click something like "use these for the divider pattern". I think either of these options would make dividers an order of magnitude easier and simpler to set up.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/13/2023 21:46:32

Hello, Peter

Thank you for contacting us.

What would be really cool would be for the editing screen to be an overlay onto an actual desktop
Alternatively, let me multi-select some windows and then click something like "use these for the divider pattern"
We'll consider your request and will post here if the feature is implemented in one of the suggested ways.

Best regards.

Jeremy K

Posted: 07/21/2023 03:57:12

Yes! Consider this another request for this functionality. When creating divider tiles, there must be either a transparent window, or maybe Actual Tools could take a quick screen grab of the current layout and use that for the background instead of the white/gray screen.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/14/2023 01:52:38

Hello, everyone

The ability to make the tiles editor transparent has been already added – it will be available in the next version. Stay tuned!

PeteJones

Posted: 08/14/2023 02:24:47

Thank you!

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register