Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Share virtual desktops between monitors » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 10010

Konstantin Birker

Posted: 10/29/2020 16:54:22

Hi,
I'm currently trying AWM and so far I'm thrilled about all the great possibilities first of all having seperate virtual desktops per monitor.

But the way I'd prefer to use it, is having just one shared list of virtual desktops and apply them individually to any of my connected monitors.
This is related to this feature request to be able to move a whole virtual desktop to another monitor.

Thanks
Konna

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/31/2020 22:20:27

Hello, Konstantin

Thank you for contacting us.

But the way I'd prefer to use it, is having just one shared list of virtual desktops and apply them individually to any of my connected monitors.
What is your vision of the feature? How switching of the desktops should be implemented? Should hotkeys for the desktops apply to the monitor depending on what monitor has the mouse pointer? Should the virtual desktops switcher with all the desktops persist on each monitor?

In your opinion what should happen if you try to switch to the same virtual desktop on different monitors?

Best regards.

Konna B.

Posted: 11/02/2020 15:40:42

Should hotkeys for the desktops apply to the monitor depending on what monitor has the mouse pointer?
Well yes, that is the way it currently works, too (for independant desktops), isn't it?
Should the virtual desktops switcher with all the desktops persist on each monitor?
Probably? The same way it currently does for independant desktops, just showing all VDs and not just the ones for that specific monitor. Personally, I don't use the small widget. I use either hotkeys or the large one for management from the taskbar button.
In your opinion what should happen if you try to switch to the same virtual desktop on different monitors?
The coolest way would be to show the VD on both monitors. I could imagine that this is technically difficult. So I would be fine to either skip those VDs attached to another monitor, or swap the VDs on both monitors.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/08/2020 21:50:24

Konna,

Well yes, that is the way it currently works, too (for independant desktops), isn't it?
The common "switch to next/previous virtual desktop" hotkeys work this way, but I meant the hotkeys for particular virtual desktops, which can be set in the virtual desktops options. But I guess these hotkeys should work the same way in this case, as there are not many options.

We'll consider your request and will post here if it's implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register