Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Automatically Save and Restore Window Positions on Sleep/Resume » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 5377

Reinhard Franz

Posted: 05/25/2019 13:27:04

Hello,
I have 2 monitors connected to my system.
One via Displayport (4K mode) and one via HDMI (FullHD).
After returning from sleep mode, all open application windows on the main display (4 KB) are jumbled.
So it would be nice if all window settings (size, position) could be reapplied after returning from sleep mode. Best automatically!  :D
Or is this functionality already available somewhere?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/28/2019 09:46:25

Hello, Reinhard

Is the "Bind the layout to the dekstop geometry" option enabled in the configuraton module (AWM configuration module > Layout and Snap > Windows Layout > Bind the layout to the dekstop geometry)?

It should store the windows layout for each monitors configuration (combination of monitors' positions and resolutions) and restore the window placements when this configuration is enabled.

Best regards.

Reinhard Franz

Posted: 05/29/2019 10:20:33

Yes, this option is on.
But as already described, after returning from the sleep mode all windows are positioned in the top left corner and resized.

Only applying "Win / F5" for each window brings the window back to the right place in the right size.
It would be an option to apply "Win / F5" for ALL windows at once to be satisfied.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/16/2019 02:09:07

Reinhard,

Could you please check whether the windows restore their positions and sizes if you disable one of the monitors in the Windows display settings and then enable it (the mentioned "Bind the layout to the dekstop geometry" option should be enabled).

Best regards.

Reinhard Franz

Posted: 07/03/2019 02:26:45

Hello.
Sorry for the late reply, but I was away for a while.

No, that does not help.
The window positions remain unchanged. Even if I stake out the second monitor, nothing changes in the positions and sizes.
Only when I press Windows / F5 the original size and position of this window is restored.
So please install a function that brings ALL windows at once in the original position.No, that does not help.
The window positions remain unchanged. Even if I stake out the second monitor, nothing changes in the positions and sizes.
Only when I press Windows / F5 the original size and position of this window is restored.
So please install a function that brings ALL windows at once in the original position.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/03/2019 22:46:50

Reinhard,

It shouldn't have helped with your main problem. I've asked you to do this for the testing.

Even if I stake out the second monitor,
Could you clarify what you mean by "stake out"?

Do you mean, that there were windows on your both monitors, then you've disabled one of the monitors in Windows display settings. Then the windows from this monitor were replaced to the other monitor. Then you've enabled the monitor you previously disabled and all the windows stayed on the other monitor and none of them were moved to the monitor you've enabled? And the "Bind the layout to the dekstop geometry" option was enabled?

Did you wait at least 5 seconds after moving the windows to the monitor before you disabled it?

What monitor you've disabled? Was it displayed in the display settings when it was disabled?

What OS are you running?

What version of Actual Window Manager are you running?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register