Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Managing taskbar / systray icons , Useful features from other utilities » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 11777

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 01/31/2008 09:24:11

I'm using Taskbar Shuffle but would love to see its functionality in AWM - then I could get rid of one more unneeded utility!

But in addition to the main point of TS (being able to reorder icons on the taskbar and systray), I can see AWM implementing this much better on a per-application basis - e.g. I always want Outlook to be the left-most taskbar icon, no matter in what order things get started (or, for example, if I have to quit and restart it). A 'desired' taskbar order for each specific application could keep things in order. This could also be extended to put the systray icons in a consistent order every time the machine is booted - at the moment it seems like pot luck, and it would save time hunting along the line if they were always in the same order.

Cheers,

Dave.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/01/2008 00:40:46

Hey David, really cool utility! We will consider such a feature.

Giovanni Hernandez

Posted: 10/09/2008 03:04:04

Just what to support David idea. To include this feature

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/15/2009 02:15:35

Dear David and Giovanni,

I'd like to inform you that the wish about shifting taskbar buttons has been finally added. You are welcome to test it in Actual Window Manager 5.3

We hope the new version will satisfy your needs.

Best regards.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Xahi4475

Posted: 04/15/2009 04:19:03

Thanks for adding this feature, Tatiana. I was interested for this feature too.
But this version now has broked ShellToys feature to reorder tasks in Taskbar. ShellToys has option to move tasks whereever you want. After installin AWM 4.3 this feature has problems, now moving works with 2 tasks only (not with one). This can be fixed disabling and reenabling drag and drop taskbart items in ShellToys Settings. When I back to 4.2 no problem. Maybe you can do something in next update. Or maybe this is ShellToys tash to do but I think they stopped developing program.
Sorry for english.

Edit: now I see you have added this feature to move taskbar items, drag and drop. Moreover you added this feature for taskbar icons. But I'm not sure how to enable this feature (I think it's not already enabled since nothing happenes when I drag and drop items). Nowhere I could get it in Configuration or Options!?  

-----
Actual Window Manager, ShellToys, Macro Express, AdMuncher,
gMote, DMEXBar, AutoHotkey...

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/15/2009 07:07:43

Hello,

Thank you for your information about the conflict ShellToys and AWM. To solve the situation enough turn off the option for ShellToys or AWM. But now our program hasn't the ability to turn off this option. We'll add it to our next version.

Sorry, but I didn't understand your question. Our program only has the option of moving taskbar buttons. For the tray icons we didn't add this ability for the present.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/10/2009 05:18:03

Hello,

I'd like to inform you that we added the ability to turn of the reordering taskbar buttons option. You are welcome to test it in Actual Window Manager 5.4

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register