Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Virtual Desktops , Keeping the Virtual Desktop Switcher out of the way » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 6862

John Watson

Posted: 04/18/2018 02:14:23

I have been an Actual Window Manager users for several years now. I love all of the great features of the product, including the Virtual Desktops and Switcher. What drives me crazy though it the inability to make the switcher easily accessible while also capable of staying out of the way. I did post a feature request a couple years ago but never really got a good answer and just kinda lived with it. I know you can use the switcher built into the taskbar also but that doesn't seem to work as well as the floating switcher (maybe allowing it to be pinned open as a choice in an autohide taskbar would help). I don't understand why it can't be given the ability to auto hide or something like that. Sure I can use Alt-~ but that's a pain after awhile to. I need to get to it, use it, and have it disappear. If there is some way to make it better that I am missing, someone please let me know.

Thanks in advance

John Watson

Posted: 04/19/2018 02:34:25

Re: this post I have worked with  "specific settings" a little to make the switcher transparent among a few other things but I can't seem to keep it from "staying on top". No matter what I do it remains on top. Even pushing the push pin in the title bar buttons doesn't work, it just goes right back to stay on top. If I could get this working properly I might be able to work with it. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/27/2018 03:15:41

Hello, John

Unfortunately, for now there is no way to make the Virtual Desktops switcher work in a manner more convenient for you. We have your request in our database, and probably we'll implement the feature in some way, if there are more requests for this, if more users need it.

Best regards.

Angry Kitty

Posted: 05/27/2018 21:24:12

I had to add the button that activates Multiple Desktops or from Windows 10 Timeline to the exclusion list.

I opened Actual Multiple Monitors. Went to exclusion section. There I found an Icon which I dragged to that specific button that in Windows 10 is responsible for Multiple Desktops, and since Windows 10 release 18.03 for timeline.

The exclusion gave something like 'TrayWnd' which surprised me. Since the TrayWnd in Windows XP was a hidden window that only did communication with System Tray Icon icons.

But for me it worked. No more irratic behaviour when pushing Timeline ( Windows 10 version 18.03 ) which also includes multiple desktops from Microsoft itself.

I really do not understand why Microsoft gave that Window in Explorer.exe that classname.

Personally I do only have upto 25 applications I would like to manage with the maker of Actual Tools. And I joined the forum to find how to exclude everything except for those few applications I want to be Hooked in User land.

User land in Microsoft Windows is responsible for creating the Windows and so on. Some products like Opera hook themselves into User land, and are currently incompatible. However products like Firefox do totally rely on Microsoft User land API and work perfectly.

I am sure I can find how to exclude entire directories like game folders, since fullscreen games should never be hooked.

Having Technology Anger Management therapy since Microsoft Windows 95

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/28/2018 14:56:46

Hello, Angry Kitty

It seems like the problem you describe is not associated with the problems described in the topics where you posted the messages.

But anyway, what exactly problem you solved by creating this exclusion? Could you describe more detailed the problem you're talking about here:
But for me it worked. No more irratic behaviour when pushing Timeline

Personally I do only have upto 25 applications I would like to manage with the maker of Actual Tools. And I joined the forum to find how to exclude everything except for those few applications
You can adjust the settings this way by disabling the Default Settings in Actual Multiple Monitors and creating Specific Settings for each of 25 applications you want to be affected by AMM. It seems like it would be easier than to exclude every application you don't want to be affected.

But I'm not sure what you mean by User land. Could you provide a link to the webpage you've found the information about it?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register