New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Is it possible to integrate Virtual Desktops to Win 10 own virtual desktops? » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 37883

Rodrigo Bordin

Posted: 04/26/2017 01:37:21

Hi!

I´m new here!

Is it possible in Actual Window Manager, to integrate the virtual desktop from the software to the own Win10 one?

So they both become one? Acessed to the same taskbar button?

Another question is..

I have a ultra wide monitor. Is it possible to have different desktop divider profiles for different virtual desktops, instead of different monitors?

For instance: In one virtual desktop I´d like a 4x4 symetrical grid. And I´d like certain programs windows always be put on certain slot on the grid.

But I´d like another virtual desktop to have a different configuration, and other windows to be automatically put there..

Could it be done? I know in different monitors this is possible, but what about different virtual desktops?

Thanks!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 05/16/2017 16:35:03

Hello Rodrigo,

Thanks for the post.

Could you provide a more detailed description of how system and AWM's virtual desktops should interact?

I have a ultra wide monitor. Is it possible to have different desktop divider profiles for different virtual desktops, instead of different monitors?
We'll consider this feature request and inform you when it will be implemented in Actual Window Manager.

Miquel Angel Cano

Posted: 07/14/2017 02:57:36

Yes, I'd like that function too. That way I could send apps to a certain Win 10 virtual desktop at startup.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/14/2017 17:24:05

Hello, Miquel

Yes, I'd like that function too. That way I could send apps to a certain Win 10 virtual desktop at startup
Do you mean, you want the ability to have different desktop divider layouts for different WINDOWS virtual desktops? The request you're referring to is about Actual Window Manager virtual desktops.

Best regards.

Miquel Angel Madalone

Posted: 07/14/2017 22:32:24

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Miquel

Do you mean, you want the ability to have different desktop divider layouts for different WINDOWS virtual desktops? The request you're referring to is about Actual Window Manager virtual desktops.

Best regards.

the OP estates:
Is it possible in Actual Window Manager, to integrate the virtual desktop from the software to the own Win10 one?

perhaps I'm wrong but OP means the Win10 native virtual desktops, not AWM's.

but yes, it would be pretty sweet if AWM could integrate different divider layouts into the native Win10 virtual desktop too! :)

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/01/2017 00:46:30

Hello, Miquel

perhaps I'm wrong but OP means the Win10 native virtual desktops, not AWM's.
Sorry for inaccuracy. Yes, you're right. But Rodrigo haven't describe this request detailed. So, how in your opinion system and AWM's virtual desktops should be integrated? What elements of both versions of vitual desktops should stay in the one integrated version?

it would be pretty sweet if AWM could integrate different divider layouts into the native Win10 virtual desktop too!
We'll consider your request.

Miquel Angel Madalone

Posted: 12/09/2017 18:33:11

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Hello, Miquel

Sorry for inaccuracy. Yes, you're right. But Rodrigo haven't describe this request detailed. So, how in your opinion system and AWM's virtual desktops should be integrated? What elements of both versions of vitual desktops should stay in the one integrated version?

it would be pretty sweet if AWM could integrate different divider layouts into the native Win10 virtual desktop too!
We'll consider your request.

first-off, apologies for the delayed answer.. what i meant was in my case, i have a bunch of virtual desktops for different applications. for instance i keep my webdev tools on my 2nd vdesktop and my browser for actually seeing results in the 1st vdesktop so i'd like to for example, be able to assign a rule to Visual Studio Code so that it always opens on the 2nd vdesktop. it's just a minor inconvenience but being obsessed with shaving clicks off my workflow isn't easy  :oops: and AWM has most definitely helped my window management ocd  :D so many thanks for that! and many more thanks for taking my requests into consideration!

edit: so far i've been able to accomplish this with an app called vdesk but that entails creating shortcuts for apps like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VDesk\VDesk.exe" on:2 run:D:\Dropbox\_Apps_\VSCode-win32-x64-1.18.1\Code.exe
in this example, VSCode opens in vdesktop 2 as you can see :)
of course vdesk can be added to the environment path and lets you run any app on any vdesk from cmd.. yaay for window management ocd!! :D

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/14/2017 23:24:27

Miguel,

i'd like to for example, be able to assign a rule to Visual Studio Code so that it always opens on the 2nd vdesktop.
It's possible to set a window or group of windows to move to specified Actual Window Manager virtual desktop. Do you prefer Windows native virtual desktops more?

Best regards.

Miquel Angel Madalone

Posted: 01/16/2018 05:35:27

Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Miguel,

It's possible to set a window or group of windows to move to specified Actual Window Manager virtual desktop. Do you prefer Windows native virtual desktops more?

Best regards.

yes, personally speaking i prefer the native virtual desktops.

Rodrigo Bordin

Posted: 04/19/2018 20:55:34

Miquel Angel Madalone wrote:
Bogdan Polishchuk wrote:
Miguel,

Best regards.

yes, personally speaking i prefer the native virtual desktops.

So sorry for the so late reply!! I got used to using it the way I had and forgot to give my feedback!

Windows 10 virtual desktops are simple to use, but lack functionalities. So, if Actual Window Manager could use Windows 10 own virtual desktops, but add all the functionalities Actual Window Manager already has (virtual desktops on other monitors), it would be great. I see no point in having Windows 10 virtual desktops native enabled and added to that another software to create more alternative virtual desktops.

I don´t even know if windows 10 can create virtual desktops on different monitors. I guess not. I stopped trying. I have a extra wide monitor in another PC, and I use windows 10 virtual desktops added to using that software Miguel wrote about. VDesk. It turns specific softwares in specific windows, but lacks functionalities of where and how to open them. And I guess it doesn´t work in multiple monitors.

Regards, Rodrigo

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register