Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Invert window content color , Inverting the color within the contents of a window. » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 4251

George Irvine

Posted: 03/02/2017 10:16:48

Super bright white can hurt my eyes.  Some programs / company's force the user to use their bright white GUIs.  Thankfully much of this is fixed using high contrast mode in windows and adjusting its colors.  However there are still some GUIs that are pure white and painful.  It would be amazing if AWM added a feature that could put an inverted color filter over the contents of a window.  Similar to that in windows Magnifying accessibility utility or a program called Negative screen.  Here is the problem though.  Those programs invert everything on the screen.  :(

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/16/2017 22:41:42

Hello, George

Unfortunately, the subject feature doesn't fit well the purpose of our software.

I'd adivse you to use the brightness/contrast settings of the system or of the video adapter software to make white color parts not to look so bright.

Best regards.

George Irvine

Posted: 07/11/2018 23:19:10

Has anyone on here ever use an addon for chrome / firefox called Dark reader?
That is what I am suggesting but for any desktop app. I know you said it doesn't fit the purpose of the software but I still hold by that this would be useful as a feature or as separate new software.  

The brightness of the screen isn't what I am talking about. Rather it is the dark gui revolution that is happening.  
The next major release of Mac OSx will have a built in feature like this.  Also microsoft is officially toying with with a dark explorer. Not to mention Apple added an invert feature to their IOS a couple years ago.  What I am trying to say is that the need exists.  

Some companies and software will probably take much longer to understand the benefits of dark guis. So there will always be a need for such a inversion features.  

Benefits of a dark interface:
--Less screen fatigue starring into a light all day (the screen)
--Saves electricity (Eco-friendly)
----If working on laptop / mobile it saves battery life (There is some evidence for AMOLED)
--Great for working in dark environments or at night (for example when everyone is sleeping on an airplane I can work on stuff without bothering as many people, also programming at night in a dark room is so much more relaxing with darker interfaces).
--The color black on screens contains much less blue light.  The color white contains the full spectrum which includes blue light which scientifically is proven to cause sleep issues but also provides people with energy and stress. (That which is bettered gained from sunlight.  Apple and Microsoft have already implemented (Flux like) features that decrease blue).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/22/2018 20:27:42

George,

Thank you for sharing your point on the subject and for pointing out the benefits of dark interface. We've decided to consider implementing of this feature. We'll post in this topic if the feature is implemented.

Best regards.

George Irvine

Posted: 09/25/2018 21:55:09

Thank you, that is great to hear :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login