Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Tabbed Explorer behaviour , It should be optional how a new Exlorer window opens » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 16090

Toni Ostarcevic

Posted: 12/30/2016 02:48:31

Hello,

this awesome feature would be even better, if you could choose if a new Explorer window opens as a new tab or as a new window.
I use 2 to 3 opened windows quite regularly for quick drag and drop operations.
I'm not sure if I get used to having to drag the Tabs out to create a new window every time...
I'd like to have a setting to open them in a new window by default. If I want to open it as a tab, I can just press the "+".

Toni Ostarcevic

Posted: 12/30/2016 02:54:53

ps. awesome performance boost with the last update! The windows now move almost as smooth as if AWM wouldn't be running. It's barely noticable. Great work!

Toni Ostarcevic

Posted: 12/30/2016 03:07:33

Wow, the tabs are switching fast on drag and drop!
Maybe I get used to it eventually...

Toni Ostarcevic

Posted: 12/30/2016 09:43:28

Would still be great if it gets optional.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/08/2017 12:24:44

Hello, Toni

Thank you for the message.

We'll consider your feature request and will post here when/if it's implemented.

Best regards.

Dominic Lavoie

Posted: 05/30/2018 00:57:18

Actually what would be even better then an option, would be a key shortcut...like click the plus opens a new tab and CTRL + Click plus opens in a new window :)

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 05/30/2018 14:08:33

Dominic, thank you for your suggestion. BTW, are you aware of the Ctrl-T (new tab) and Ctrl-N (new window) hotkeys?

Dominic Lavoie

Posted: 05/31/2018 03:35:35

Yes, I knew about the shortcuts. Not what I was looking for as you may know. About using CTRL as I suggested, it is already used when you double-click a folder while holding CTRL, it opens in a new tab. I would like to be able to open it in a new window just like it works natively in . Maybe CTRL+SHIFT could be used to open in in a new tab and leave CTRL like it was natively.

I say was because I have disabled the tabbed folder because it was using too much CPU.

But the while writing this I decided to give it another try, and it seems that it is not the case anymore.

Probably encountered a weird bug that happens only when you double-click a folder and sneeze at the same time lol ;)

But kidding aside there is a flaw in the implementation but don't know if it can be fixed.

Look at attached video, it's about resizing, the cursor changes to the resizing cursor when inside the window but the container doesn't allow to resize the contents.

P.S. Had to put the video in a zip file cause wmv type not allowed.
P.S. Had to put the video in a 7zip file cause zip file not allowed.
P.S. Had to put the video in my gdrive cause 7zip file not allowed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HM_RE81TgYFhB-GBj26VGqHpjnPrjZnP

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/04/2018 17:25:53

Hello, Dominic

I would like to be able to open it in a new window just like it works natively in . Maybe CTRL+SHIFT could be used to open in in a new tab and leave CTRL like it was natively.
We'll consider your request and will post in this topic if it's implemented.

the cursor changes to the resizing cursor when inside the window but the container doesn't allow to resize the contents.
This is a known problem. We'll try to fix it and also will post in this topic if it's fixed.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/28/2018 21:55:37

Hello,

Look at attached video, it's about resizing, the cursor changes to the resizing cursor when inside the window but the container doesn't allow to resize the contents.
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.1 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register