Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Multiple Window Instances , Allow handling of multiple instances of "identical" windows » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 2901

DesertDwarf

Posted: 12/24/2016 01:00:39

You said you'd consider it as a feature request in response to a "how do I..." query. I thought I'd document it over here.

I'm requesting the ability to optionally specify 1st, 2nd, 3rd, instances of a identical windows. In my work flow, I am sometimes running two reports per student for a batch of students. Each report pops up its own dialog. To make this less painful, I'll open two browser windows to the same site, in browser window 1, I leave the first report dialog open. In browser window 2, I leave the second report dialog open. Now I can switch from student to student, running the report for in each of the two browser windows. (Fortunately, the report dialogs stay open after running the report.)

When I do this manually, I position the second browser window to top-left while the first one is bottom-right. I've defined a rule for the browser window to be bottom-right, but it would be nice to have an option that allows me to specify that this is the 2nd instance of a window and have it apply the monitor/position stuff for this instance separate from the 1st instance.

I understand there's an inherent limitation/confusion in the fact of deciding which window is first and which one is second if they are already both there (such as trying the reapply the rules). I don't know how you can handle that. :-/

Good luck!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/08/2017 12:13:30

Hello, DesertDwarf

Your feature request has been added to our list of feature requests at the time when you posted in the previous topic.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register