Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Default Audio Device Switcher » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 7201

Derek Moss

Posted: 08/29/2015 00:40:52

Hi

Reading about the new Default Audio Device Switcher feature in AWM, I thought it would be great (in AMM as well) if an audio device could be automatically associated with a display profile. So for example, when switching to my "TV only" profile, it would make sure the audio device is set to the HDMI going to my TV (too many times I've launched a game, only to find I left the audio on my on-board soundcards's headphone output, so I have to close the game and fix that and re-launch it) and when switching to my "Monitor only" profile it would switch the audio device to my on-board headphones.

We could even have multiple profiles for each display then, like "TV Speakers" and "TV headphones", which would be very useful. Is this something you would consider, as I'd be very much inclined to upgrade my copy of AMM if you did?

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 08/29/2015 02:27:46

I fully second this suggestion. I think it would be great, for me not for gaming (I don't do that), but for moving my laptop between different setups for work (I need my music when working, preferably via the correct speakers  ;)

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 09/03/2015 17:34:01

Derek, Pim,

Thank you for your suggestions. All of them are already in our wishlist database and appear to be further development steps for the Audio Switcher. Its current state is just something we needed to start from (and I believe it's useful even in its current simplest implementation).

Pim Joosten
Resident

Posted: 09/05/2015 13:50:28

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear that you have this suggestion on your list. Of course I (we) did not know what is on the list, hence this suggestion. The current implementation is indeed a good way to get started with the Audio Switcher (indeed surprisingly useful as I had already posted in the beta forum some time ago).

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2017 05:15:08

Hello, gentlemen

I'm glad to notify you that the requested feature has been implemented and it's available in the latest beta versions of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors 8.12 beta 1.

Install the beta version to try the feature yourself. It can be adjusted here: Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Audio Switcher. Also via the Audio Switcher title button (or window menu item) for particular windows or via the respective action on appliaction's startup in specific settings for the application.

Best regards.

Derek Moss

Posted: 12/01/2017 09:28:10

Thanks Bogdan, that's great news.

Actually the main beta download link for Actual Multiple Monitors is wrong and downloads Actual Windows Manager. The one in the Quick Menu on the right is OK though.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2017 13:59:41

Actually the main beta download link for Actual Multiple Monitors is wrong and downloads Actual Windows Manager.

Derek, thank you for pointing that out, fixed.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register