Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[PENDING]User Defined Width Divider Tile Preview , New Field Width » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 3687

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/26/2014 11:36:46

AWM > Desktop Divider > Options > Tile Preview

I keep finding all the time using the desktop divider tile preview and drop that the width of the region to cause a valid window/application drop and perform the tile action is WAY too small on high resolution monitors. I'm requesting a user defined "width" which would allow at LEAST 250 pixels for a MAXIMUM value be seriously considered and added to AWM. I feel like I'm always having to thread a needle when using this feature.

What are your thoughts?

Please see picture for reference and concept:

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 08/26/2014 16:14:47

Dear Zardoz,

thank you for your post!

We will consider adding this option and we will inform you in this thread when there are news about it.

Until that moment please consider using a right-click or long left-click on Put into Divider tile title button to specify the tile or several adjoining tiles to put the window into.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2014 02:18:08

Thanks Alexander for the serious consideration of adding this capability, much appreciated.

-Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2014 02:45:04

Until that moment please consider using a right-click or long left-click on Put into Divider tile title button to specify the tile or several adjoining tiles to put the window into

I don't understand how the right-click or long left-click apply? Is there documentation beyond the AWM Help file Tile Layouts Panel?

Thanks,
Lars

Current & Proposed User-Defined Tile Preview:

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 08/27/2014 17:53:07

Thank you for your question, Lars!

There is a Put into Divider tile title button, that can be activated either in Default or in Specific Settings:User added an image

And if you right click it (or hold a left-click on it), you get a popup window
User added an image
that lets you choose a tile or tiles to put the window into.

UPD: yes, there is the article in the User Manual.

By the way, you are not the only one to request the feature you described previously.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2014 19:46:24

Thanks Alexander for the information. I now see it in the help file. I'm not using the "Put into Divider title" button (which is very nice), as I keep the number of title buttons to an absolute minimum.

The way to move windows around and to the dividers seems completely "natural" to me is using the AWM > Mouse > Drag and Scroll > Make the entire window area responsive to dragging/sizing CTRL+ALT, this way I don't have to select the little title height area and can perform window movement rapidly and why having the ability to size a much larger Tile Preview is highly desired as it would allow for the natural flow of the "dragging" via CTRL+ALT (as in my configuration).

---
I've discovered two bugs in working with this request. Link below:
http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=&MID=14447#message14447

http://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?TOPIC_SUBSCRIBE=Y&FID=12&TID=&MID=14448#message14448

Sincerely,
Lars

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register