Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Window-Specific Preview Commands , Add buttons to each window in the popup instead of the popup groups. » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 7282

Arthur Black

Posted: 07/04/2012 16:30:06

The new group commands with the preview popups on AWM Beta 7.1 beta 3 leave a bit to be desired. I like the prospect of having no-hassle command buttons, but sometimes I don't want them to work with every single window, namely the "Move to Monitor" button. It's almost a crucial feature to have a window-specific move to monitor button, because the right-click context menu doesn't always work for every window, so having a button next to the "X" on the preview windows is really necessary. Going with that line of logic, it'd be nice to have an option to add whatever custom buttons I wanted to each window in the taskbar preview popup. All-in-all though, what I think would be the most beneficial would be a move-to-monitor button for each individual window in the taskbar preview popups, instead of having the group button. Being able to add any of the custom titlebar buttons onto each window in the preview popup would be like icing on the cake, though.

Running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Actual Window Manager 7.1

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/05/2012 23:18:17

Hello Arthur.

In your case for what windows exactly the rule doesn't work? This is the known problem, and such windows can't be affected with the actions that you make from taskbar (context menu or group actions). Individual button can't solve this problem.

But we'll think over adding some more buttons to the thumbnail preview along with the closing button.

Best regards.

Arthur Black

Posted: 07/10/2012 02:45:11

It's not an issue of the actions not working, it's the issue that the only way to invoke window-specific actions from the taskbar is to right click the preview for that action and sel ect them fr om a right-click context menu.

User added an image

The issue is that, in some applications, right clicking the window preview gives focus to the window instead of launching that right-click context menu. The only thing I'm proposing is customization for the individual window previews, instead of the window groups, to have buttons for actions such as "move to next monitor".

User added an image

Something like that. Having it as a left-click button means that you wouldn't have to be dependent on whether or not the application allowed a right-click context menu. That way, users like me, who mirror their taskbars and have windows stuck under, say, a full screen application on their left monitors, can easily pull those windows over to the monitor on the right.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/12/2012 23:31:11

Hello Arthur.

What i meant is "What applications have you noticed the problem with?"

What you're describing here is the known problem. Some windows can't be affected with the actions that you make from taskbar (context menu or group actions). For example AIMP, Configuration module of Actual Window Manager etc. This problem is associated with the specificity of the windows of the mentioned applications. Individual button in the preview thumbnail can't solve this problem.

Best regards.

Arthur Black

Posted: 07/16/2012 18:03:19

I have the issue with Trillian for one. But it works with the group actions, so it's not an issue of it not taking input from the taskbar, it's solely an issue that Trillian overwrote the system's titlebar context menu. Instead of getting the standard right-click context menu from Trillian's titlebar, they've replaced it with their own context menu, which I assume is what causes the issue to begin with.

All-in-all, my point is that reducing the clicks to launch a specific action for that specified window would be overall a useful feature, regardless of whether or not the context menu works. It's easier to pin a button you use frequently to the individual preview panes, instead of pulling up a right-click context menu.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/17/2012 02:29:19

Hello Arthur.

Ok, now i see what you mean.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list