Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Mirroring , Enhancements » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 25361

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 10/15/2011 06:32:06

I use iDisplay, to use my iPhone as touchscreen monitor for my DAW.

I'd like to have the mirror window maximized on the iDisplay Monitor (960x640), and have  vst plugin Windows mirrored: the focused vst Plugin window should be mirrored on the fixed sized, maximized mirror window, either scaled to have the width of the Plugin window in the mirror window, or have it fixed scaled, with the possibility to scroll through the mirror window when the Cursor reaches the mirror window border.

Also, I'd like to have the Cursor within the mirror window, reflected within the Source window, so that a Click in the mirror window will be a Click in the Source window.

Also, I'd like to have the ability to Split a Monitor in two halfes, as I use a Matrox Dualhead2go presented as One Monitor 3200x1200 to the maschine, but displayed on two physical monitors 1600x1200.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/17/2011 01:47:08

Hello TabSel,

Thanks for the post.

I'd like to have the mirror window maximized on the iDisplay Monitor (960x640), and have vst plugin Windows mirrored: the focused vst Plugin window should be mirrored on the fixed sized, maximized mirror window, either scaled to have the width of the Plugin window in the mirror window, or have it fixed scaled, with the possibility to scroll through the mirror window when the Cursor reaches the mirror window border.
- There are "Fixed scale" and "Variable scale" options in the Mirroring feature. Could you clarify what exactly mirroring option do you want to use?

Also, I'd like to have the Cursor within the mirror window, reflected within the Source window, so that a Click in the mirror window will be a Click in the Source window.

Also, I'd like to have the ability to Split a Monitor in two halfes, as I use a Matrox Dualhead2go presented as One Monitor 3200x1200 to the maschine, but displayed on two physical monitors 1600x1200.
- We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 10/17/2011 02:55:41

Mirroring:

I use my multimonitor maschine as a audio workstation (DAW), with cubase, sonar and reaper.
I own plugins, which are audio processing Softwares, like Virtual Instruments, fx processors etc. These Plugins can be "plugged into" DAW programs, and are presented to the user either as a dedicated, mostly fixed size window and/or as a rectangle GUI area within a DAW window.

The first thing I noticed when testing AWM: subwindows, for example in Cubase aren't addressed by AWM, which means, I cant have most subwindows as target windows in AWM, for mirroring, or for AWM actions.

Mirroring a desktop region where a plugin paints its gui on results in a black area in the mirror window, the graphics isn't mirrored.

What I want to achieve: I use iDisplay on an iPhone. iDisplay consists of a virtual graphics card/monitor with fixed resolution 960x640. It is presented as additional monitor to the maschine. That monitors content is displayed on the iPhone with the iDisplay app. The iPhones touchscreen is used to control the mouse, so touching the iPhone screen results in a mouse movement to this position and a click, for example.

What I like to have is a mirror window of fixed size (for example maximized on the iDisplay monitor, ie the iPhone screen) and the source window (for example a plugin), to be scaled to fit the fixed size mirror window, either horizontally, vertically, or without keeping aspect ratio.

And/Or, provide a mirror window with top/right/bottom/left areas where, when clicked, the mirrored source area is shifted, so that you can scroll through the mirror source area having a fixed size mirror window.

Plus, reflecting mouse actions within in the mirror window on the source, taking scale into account.

This way I could see plugins (or areas if it, with the ability to scroll through the whole plugin GUI) on my iPhone (within a mirror window maximized onto the iDisplay monitor), and control the plugin by touch...

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 10/18/2011 02:53:51

Hello TabSel,

Thanks for response.

We'll consider this request.

Best regards.

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/20/2012 05:25:29

uhh... ohhh...

[+] Mirroring: The ability is added to run a mirror full-screen.

[+] Mirroring: The ability is added to adjust mirror's parameters on-the-fly
   via right-click context menu. Also, you can toggle a mirror full-screen
   and back using the Alt-Enter hotkey.

this nearly went under my radar... I KNEW I played with "mirroring" lately, and I noticed some changes... GRRREAT!!!

Is it possible to have the mirrored source window scaled to

- fit the maximized mirrow window vertically/horizontally (keep aspect ratio)
and/or
- completely fill the maximized mirrow window without keeping aspect ratio

?

Can it be, that mouse action (click, drag for example) on the mirrow window already
is reflected on the source window???

I think that "touching a knob in the mirror window (mirroring a VST plugin) on the iDisplay on the iPhone and dragging the finger around did move the knob in the source window... can this be? Have to check again this afternoon, I'm not at my machine right now...

edit: when playing with mirroring lately, I noticed some flickering of the mirror window, when a VST plugin UI window is mirrored...

TabSel
Advanced user

Posted: 02/20/2012 16:44:25

ok, ActualTools-Team, these mirroring functions are amazingly brillant!!!

Thanks for Fullscreen, variable scale, keep aspect ratio on/off... AMAZING!

I have some questions:

- currently, while writing this, I mirror the IE9, but I only get the windows titlebar/border, content is black, just occasionally the content pops up...
- while writing this and IE9 mirrored, the vertical scrollbar of this text entry form behaves erratic. I just closed the mirror window and now the scrollbar stays calm as it should...
- the mirror flickers occasionally, as does the source (noticed it with VST plugins)

- would it be possible to optionally only mirror a windows _content_ while in full screen? Without titlebar/border?

- Now please please please add the option to reflect mouse action over the mirror content on the source, taking scaling into account. So, when I click an a coordinate within the mirror content, a click on the transformed coordinate on the source is performed, for example.

I know there only is ONE mouse pointer, it could be implemented as follows:
- when a mouse button is pressed, flag it internally, then move the mouse pointer to the source coordinate and "perform" the same mouse button event again. While the button is held, the mouse is in the source area (and mirrored), a drag operation is performed on/within the source area, etc... When the button is released over the mirrored source and the internal flag is set, (optionally recalculate the current mouse pointer position and ) move the mouse back onto the mirror area...?

This way we could mirror any window on a iOS/Android device (with iDisplay for example) and control the window with its touchscreen... this would be so f..... amazing!!!

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/23/2012 01:45:28

- currently, while writing this, I mirror the IE9, but I only get the windows titlebar/border, content is black, just occasionally the content pops up...
- while writing this and IE9 mirrored, the vertical scrollbar of this text entry form behaves erratic. I just closed the mirror window and now the scrollbar stays calm as it should...
- These problems have been confirmed. We'll try to fix them.

- the mirror flickers occasionally, as does the source (noticed it with VST plugins)
- Could you give me an example?

- would it be possible to optionally only mirror a windows _content_ while in full screen? Without titlebar/border?
- You could try to remove titlebar/border using specific settings and then mirror the window.

- Now please please please add the option to reflect mouse action over the mirror content on the source, taking scaling into account. So, when I click an a coordinate within the mirror content, a click on the transformed coordinate on the source is performed, for example.
I know there only is ONE mouse pointer, it could be implemented as follows:
- when a mouse button is pressed, flag it internally, then move the mouse pointer to the source coordinate and "perform" the same mouse button event again. While the button is held, the mouse is in the source area (and mirrored), a drag operation is performed on/within the source area, etc... When the button is released over the mirrored source and the internal flag is set, (optionally recalculate the current mouse pointer position and ) move the mouse back onto the mirror area...?

This way we could mirror any window on a iOS/Android device (with iDisplay for example) and control the window with its touchscreen... this would be so f..... amazing!!!
- We'll consider this. :)

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/10/2019 23:57:43

Hello, TabSel

You wrote:

I'm glad to notify you that the requested feature has been implemented and it's available in the latest beta version of Actual Window Manager 8.14 beta 1.

Install the beta version to try the feature yourself.

Best regards.

Brian Williams

Posted: 06/01/2019 08:21:21

For work, I often need to use IM applications to share a monitor. I normally have 3 monitors open and all at 1920*1080, but one I run in portrait mode so have to share one of the other monitors.

I have now bought a large 4k monitor and only use it plus the portrait mode. Now I don't have a suitable monitor to select to share over IM that would be a convenient size for display at the receivers monitor.

I can use mirroring to create a section of the right size, which gets mirrored to a window, and the IM applications can share that window instead of the monitor. It works, but isn't quite ideal because I have two areas on the screen with the same content, using up my space, and probably taking more processing to mirror.

What I would like to be able to do is select the area of screen, just as I can for for mirroring. Instead of actually mirroring that region into a separate window, I would just want to have it put the window frame around that region in that location.

As with the active mirror, I can then I can then work with the applications in that region of screen just like normal. In IM, I just share that window for the right size for the receiver. I get to use the rest of my desktop for content which is not shared (wouldn't fit on the receivers monitor).

This is probably much more workable, but could still be enhanced. It would be even nicer if I could have windows I put into that region saw that region like an actual monitor - i.e. if I full screen the application within that window it expands up to the borders of the window rather than the full desktop. But I can still drag applications into and out of that window as I can with different monitors.

This is sort of making that area of screen become a virtual monitor.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/12/2019 09:20:25

Hello, Brian

Have you tried to minimize the mirror window so that it not persists on the desktop and takes place? Is it possible to share the mirror window in this case?

What our product you're running?

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login