Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AquaSnap? » on forum: Feature Requests   Views: 8191

Arthur Black

Posted: 11/02/2010 22:59:15

I don't know if anyone's used it before, but AquaSnap is a program that lets you snap things to the top/bottom, top/bottom right/left corner, and so on. It lets you choose exactly what each part of the screen does to the window, and lets you choose the behavior for how it stretches with a thing called AquaStretch, which behaves like AeroSnapping where you can drag it to the bottom/top and it'll expand vertically to the screen, or right/left where it'll expand horizontally to the screen.

Is there anyway to add that level of functionality to the new window snapping features in the beta? I know it sounds redundant to add another program's functionality into Actual Window Manager, but his program is incredibly lacking in options, such as it's impossible to snap it so it maximizes to the entire screen and so on and so forth. Plus it'd be a really great selling point.

Sorry for the third suggestion in a row. >> <<

Running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Actual Window Manager 7.1

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 11/04/2010 02:44:32

Arthur, most of described features are already available in the current beta of AWM/AMM: some of them are available in Classic snapping, others are available in Aero snapping.

The last beta lets use both these snapping modes together.

Please, check them out and tell us whether you need anything beyond the current functionality.

Arthur Black

Posted: 11/04/2010 03:55:40

The AeroSnapping option on the new beta allows to snap to the right of the screen, left of the screen, and snap to the top to allow for a fullscreen. I *did* overlook the horizontal and vertical snap, but I'm just oblivious like that. It is essentially just AeroSnap though. The classic snapping is just window alignment made easy.

What I'm requesting is the addition of snapping to the four corners for a 4X4 arrangement of windows, since, often times, most people are not restricted to solely two windows for multi-tasking. Also, I'm requesting a feature to choose how each behavior is triggered, pictured here: http://www.nurgo-software.com/images/stories/aquasnapdialog.png. If I wanted to snap it horizontally to the top half of the screen, I'd be able to set it so dragging it to the top of the screen does so, as opposed to it snapping it to the whole screen.

What stands now with the current features is AeroSnapping for dual monitors, and the classic snapping which solely gives you the options to snap to the desktop boundaries and to other windows.

I hope I've made sense this time around.

Running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Actual Window Manager 7.1

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/31/2011 21:33:53

Hello Arthur,

Thanks for the interesting suggestion.

We'll consider your request.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0