Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED]problem with CabinetWClass (standart win-search...) , appeared in 5.4, was absent in 5.3 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 12867

maks

Posted: 07/18/2009 21:37:39

i installed "window manager" 5.4 only because of "the actions at window's startup are applied before the window becomes visible. This must remove the annoying blink effect when changing window placement at startup"

this is the epochal improvement for me, so i will never use 5.3 anymore, but, unfortunately, along with this the new 5.4 brought one earlier absent problem. i'll try to explain. if i want to find something with the standart win-xp search-tool, its window doesn't obey to all my settings (unlike 5.3, where everything worked correctly)

info: window-class - CabinetWClass, program - C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

for example, i cannot justify (automatically) a window at start-up at all - in this case, the search-window do not even appears ! the same thing happens if i enter some figures here:
inlay "size" - change window's size automatically - at start-up
or here:
inlay "placement" - to restrict placement
(don't sure, if it's important, but items "to fix minimal\maximal sizes" work correctly)

and one more aspect. the inlay "target window" has the line "window title". my XP SP2 is russian, so when i was using 5.3, this line contained words "Результаты поиска" (partial coincidence). and everything was perfect.
now, on 5.4, if i mark this line as active (no matter, exact or partial coincidence) the search-window doesn't react to "window manager" at all ! it is simply launched with the standart settings without taking into consideration ANY of my adjustment (including, for example, hiding a frame)

so, the recent few weaks i have to justify this (and only this) window MANUALLY EACH TIME with a hot-key-combination.
i hope this problem has the solution

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/20/2009 00:30:15

Dear Maks,

Thank you for your message. The problem is confirmed. We'll fix it.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

maks

Posted: 07/31/2009 20:09:29

i don't know, if it's worth mentioning, but i've recollected one more small aspect concerning this issue. on my computer the very same behaviour can be seen with zip-files. if i click one of them in windows-explorer, it is opened exactly as the window of the standart win-search does.

as i understand, if everything will be all right, this problem is going to be fixed by the next version, 5.5 (which will see the light in about several months) ?

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 03/16/2010 02:19:36

Dear Maks,

I'd like to inform you that the bug has been finally fixed. You are welcome to test it in Actual Window Manager 6.0
We hope the new version will satisfy your needs.
Best regards.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

maks

Posted: 03/16/2010 04:21:18

thank you,
i'll check this fix. most likely, it won't happen in the nearest days/weeks; mainly because my 5.4 works perfectly :) and because there is no answer in this topic so far

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register