New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED]Continuing 'issue' with AWM and a specific program » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 26991

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 04/03/2009 08:52:52

I've posted before about this a while ago, but it has never been solved, and I cannot figure out how to make it stop happening with a rule set or something.

Here's a link to a video that I took to show you the issue.  Sorry it's a bit big 36MB but it shows you the issue.  Below is a description of the problem you see in the video.

The open program is a programming utility that I use everyday for work.  The tree on the left, where I move my mouse in the video, are the graphic resourses for the open project.  When you hover the mouse over the name of the graphic file it opens a preview window, this causes my virtual desktop to switch to the first one, when the preview window times out it switches back to the correct desktop.

Any pointers to setting up a rule or some kind of fix for this would be appreciated.  My current fix is to stop AWM, work with that view, then start AWM again, get's to be more work than you'd think...

Matt

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/07/2009 00:57:12

Dear Matt,

Please, try to do following:
1. Enable Logging
2. Show log window
3. Clear log
4. Reproduce the problem
5. Send to us the file: %AppData%\Actual Tools\Actual Window Manager\EventLog.ini

We changed log in new version.

E-mail: support@actualtools.com

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 04/07/2009 22:12:59

Thanks for the reply, but it seems that once I made the change for the other issue I recently posted (about Desktop Profiles) it does not exhibit that behavior anymore.

I'll do more tests and let you know if it's still acting up.

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 04/13/2009 11:24:13

Log sent, the issue still exists...

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/14/2009 00:58:30

Dear Matt,

We have not received your letter. Please send again.

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 04/16/2009 20:18:15

Hi Tatiana,

I've sent the file three times, two with the raw .ini attached, and one with the .ini zipped.

Have you not received them?

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/17/2009 00:41:26

Dear Matt,

We received two of your letters. And answered to them.

We can’t find the program to reproduce the situation.
Please, try to do following:

• Create the rule for a window with criteria: Class: #32770 Program: \vtpro.exe
  • Go to the Startup property sheet of just created settings.
  • Mark the check box of the Move to virtual desktop in the Actions Available at Window Startup list box.
  • Mark the All desktops radio button or (Specified desktop and choose Crestron Programming) in the Action Options group
  • Apply your adjustments.

Matt Rasmussen
Advanced user

Posted: 04/20/2009 10:10:24

I've noticed something strange when trying to set this up, something I didn't notice before.  When I select the startup properties for the new specific setting, and select 'move to virtual desktop' the Status field next to the action field shows a different desktop than the Action options for that Action.  Take a look at the attached screen shot.

When I change the alternate Action option the opposite (I only have two virtual desktops) desktop shows in the Action/Status window.  It appears that whatever is showing in the top window is actually what is selected.

If I specify a desktop, the 'event' occurs, just that when I set it to move to 'Startup' the desktop changes and does not change back.  If I set it to 'Crestron Programming' the desktop switches to Startup but then switches back when that window disappears.  If I set this specific window class to 'All Desktops' it seems to work properly.

Hope that 'helps' understand what's going on a little more.  I'll keep it at 'All Desktops' for now since you have to be on the 'Crestron Programming desktop to activate that specific window anyway.

User added an image

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/22/2009 02:40:15

Matt,

Thank you for message. We'll try to fix the problem.

Tatiana Jack
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/23/2009 05:05:40

Dear Matt,

Unfortunately, now the string of Status is creating not correctly. We'll fixed this in our next version.

If take into account this fact does the program work correctly in the situation?

Messages 1 - 10 of 13
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register