New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[FIXED] Pinning to taskbar not working on secondary screens » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 29247

Andre

Posted: 10/12/2022 02:04:38

When I pin an application to the taskbar on secondary screens, when I want to re-open the app in question, I get a file not found error (see attached image).

It appears to happen to all non-Microsoft apps, and it happens on all screens other than the primary.

Andre

Posted: 10/12/2022 02:07:08

After clicking OK, another error message comes up:

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/25/2022 16:41:07

Hello, Andre

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Do you recall when this problem started? Was it associated with some particular event in your Windows system?

It appears to happen to all non-Microsoft apps
Does the problem happen only with UWP non-Microsoft apps (like WhatsApp in your example) or with usual non-Microsoft apps too (for example, Notepad, Windows File Explorer etc.)?

Do I understand correctly that the problem doesn't happen with the standard UWP apps like Photos, Microsoft Store etc.?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

What version of Actual Multiple Monitors you're running?

Is your Windows account an administrator account or a standard account?

Best regards.

Andre

Posted: 10/25/2022 17:10:03

Hi Bogdan,

Do you recall when this problem started? Was it associated with some particular event in your Windows system?

It has been happening from the start (since installation on a clean Windows setup). I have also done several complete OS reinstalls in the meanwhile (unrelated to this issue) and the same issue occurred each time. Prior to installing Actual Multiple Monitors, the only other things that were installed were Eset antivirus and https://wpd.app (the latter changes some registry settings - I doubt it relates but I figured I would mention it anyway).

Does the problem happen only with UWP non-Microsoft apps (like WhatsApp in your example) or with usual non-Microsoft apps too (for example, Notepad, Windows File Explorer etc.)?

Do I understand correctly that the problem doesn't happen with the standard UWP apps like Photos, Microsoft Store etc.?

Correct. The problem does not happen with Notepad, Microsoft Store, Outlook. It does happen to every other app.

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2130).

What version of Actual Multiple Monitors you're running?

Is your Windows account an administrator account or a standard account?

Administrator account.

Thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/26/2022 05:21:46

Andre,

Did you by any chance change the permissions for the UWP apps folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps?

Correct. The problem does not happen with Notepad, Microsoft Store, Outlook. It does happen to every other app.
Please see whether the problem happens with the following standard UWP apps: Photos, Weather, Calculator, Windows Settings.

Are you sure the problem doesn't happen with Microsoft Store?

Does the problem happen with other non-UWP applications in your system like browsers (for example Chrome, Firefox etc.), media players etc.?

Could you temporarily disable Eset antivirus, restart the computer without starting Eset and see whether the problem persists?

What is the installation folder for Actual Multiple Monitors on your computer (right click to the AMM Start Menu shortcut > More > Open File Location > right click to the shortcut in the folder > Properties > the Target field in the Shortcut tab).

Andre

Posted: 10/31/2022 21:32:19

Did you by any chance change the permissions for the UWP apps folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps?

Nope

Please see whether the problem happens with the following standard UWP apps: Photos, Weather, Calculator, Windows Settings.

No problem with any of those.

Are you sure the problem doesn't happen with Microsoft Store?

Yes.

Does the problem happen with other non-UWP applications in your system like browsers (for example Chrome, Firefox etc.), media players etc.?

Yes but not all. With Chrome and Firefox it works fine. And, notably, right now it also works fine for Whatsapp (while as far as I'm aware, nothing has changed). The problem still occurs with  other apps though (also after unpinning, closing app, repinning, etc).

Also something worth noting: it looks like the problem isn't related to whether or not an icon is pinned. When an app is already running, and I try to open a second instance of the app in question (using right-click on the icon, and so on), I'm getting the same problem.

Could you temporarily disable Eset antivirus, restart the computer without starting Eset and see whether the problem persists?

Tried this - no change

What is the installation folder for Actual Multiple Monitors on your computer (right click to the AMM Start Menu shortcut > More > Open File Location > right click to the shortcut in the folder > Properties > the Target field in the Shortcut tab).

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe"

Andre

Posted: 11/30/2022 03:27:39

It's been a month - any follow-up please?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/02/2022 02:36:10

I apologize for the delay in replying to you.

I guess as we've established that the problem happens not to all non-Microsoft apps, could you specify the applications you're sure the problem happens with. If there are too many such apps you can specify several the most popular of them.

Are there any non-UWP apps among them (roughly speaking "the apps that are not from Microsoft Store")? Please specify some of them too.

Do you feel like most of the applications you use have this problem? Or is it more like half of them or even less?

Do you have any guess what the "problem" apps can have in common?

Andre

Posted: 12/02/2022 02:44:44

Sorry but at this point I feel like we're going in circles, you're basically asking the same questions all over. If you need questions answered then kindly just ask them all in one go because at this pace we'll still be at this in a year from now.

Doesn't AMM produce some logs you can analyze instead?

Andre

Posted: 12/07/2022 17:01:36

I'm still not getting timely responses here... Come on.

Meanwhile I've also discovered another bug: when my computer wakes up after hibernating, all the taskbar items are showing up on the main screen (including the apps that are running on secondary screens). The apps are still on the correct screens, but the taskbar items aren't. I can resolve this manually by dragging the app in question to the main screen and then back to the secondary screen (at which point the taskbar item shows on the correct screen), but obviously it's cumbersome having to do that every time.

This is all starting to get a little much, especially with the slow responses from your end (and the lack of support through other means). I'm urging you one last time to provide assistance without further delays. In any other case I'm going to have to switch to a competing product. Using an app like AMM is supposed to make my life easier, but this is nothing but a headache lately.

Messages 1 - 10 of 17
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register