Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Deskband host for wpf (window in taskbar)? , Any idea why I have this window named "Deskband host for wpf"? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4230

Gaines

Posted: 08/09/2022 08:16:35

I believe it started when I purchased the latest version upgrade last month, but I now have a window in my Actual Window Manager (8.14.7) toolbar named "Deskband host for WPF". It has the same icon as Actual Window Manager and shows up under that app in Task Manager.

I can't open/maximize this window but I can end the task. It doesn't come back when I exit Actual Window Manager and start it back up, but it does reappear after reboot (Windows 10 64-bit).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/10/2022 08:23:36

Hello, Gaines

Thank you for contacting us.

Are you running any application which adds a toolbar to the taskbar?

Does this "Desktop host..." button appear on the AWM taskbar or on the standard Windows taskbar?

Could you specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Gaines K

Posted: 08/19/2022 04:10:42

Thank you for the reply, Bogdan!

I have the AudioBand application installed to add a toolbar that displays song information and controls Spotify.

I'll need to restart my computer for the "Deskband host for WPF" taskbar entry to show back up and I have several work items to complete before that's an option, but I'll update this thread with an answer for whether it shows up on my regular Windows taskbar once I do.

My window version is 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1889).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/13/2022 11:01:13

Hello, Gaines

I can see that "Deskband host for WPF" taskbar entry appears briefly in the system taskbar and then disappears if the AudioBand panel is added to the Actual Window Manager taskbar on secondary monitor. Does the problem still persist?

What profile you use for the AudioBand toolbar on the Actual Window Manager taskbar?

Could you send us your AWM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Jimmyhogs

Posted: 04/20/2023 12:48:53

Hey everyone, this may be a bit late, but I had the same issue and I have a fix for it! Check it out here: https://github.com/AudioBand/AudioBand/issues/106

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register