Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows 11 Photos app - Custom settings not working , Window won't stay on top (pin won't work) » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 19226

James Bond

Posted: 07/28/2022 21:55:52

Hi

I need to pin Microsoft Photos on top (Program listed as C:\Windows\System32\ApplicationFrameHost.exe), but the 'pin' won't work manually, no matter how many pixels (?) I move the pin location to the left, away from the Windows Minimise/View/Close icons on the far right.  It also won't work when I try to set up the Photos app using the 'crosshairs' with different combinations checked/unchecked, although the Window Class seems to be specific to a specific photo e.g. ApplicationFrameWindow - Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App, not the app.

Help appreciated.

Many thanks!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/07/2022 16:07:41

Hello, James

Thank you for contacting us.

I need to pin Microsoft Photos on top (Program listed as C:\Windows\System32\ApplicationFrameHost.exe), but the 'pin' won't work manually
I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Do other Actual Window Manager title buttons also not work in Microsoft Photos (for example, Make Transparent or other title buttons)?

Does the problem persist for other standard UWP applications like Microsoft Store, Windows Settings, Calculator etc.?

Could you tell what the path to the AWM installation folder is? To find this information right-click the Actual Window Manager icon in the Start Menu > select More > Open file location. Then right-click the Actual Window Manager shortcut > select Properties > see the path in the "Target" field of the "Shortcut" tab of the properties window.

You're running the latest version of AWM 8.14.7, right?

Please specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

although the Window Class seems to be specific to a specific photo e.g. ApplicationFrameWindow - Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App, not the app
This class is specific to the Photos app, it should be the same no matter what picture is open in it.

Best regards.

James Bond

Posted: 08/11/2022 06:13:08

Hi Bogdan

I've just tested AWM (current version 8.14.7) with other UWP applications e.g. Calculator and winver and it works perfectly.

Windows 11 build 21H2 (OS Build 22000.856).

I think the issue is with the position of the 'Always On Top' icon and the 'Roll Up' icon that are almost on top of the '+' and '-' Photos Zoom buttons and the Zoom functions work fine but AWM doesn't.  Both commands work when I right click the AWM context menu and then sel ect Always On Top or Roll Up (all the other commands and icons are unchecked as I don't use them).

Edit: I've 'half' managed to sort this.  I found your support page here: https://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/help/userinterface/title_buttons.php and

"Options group - allows adjusting the Title Buttons trigger options. Currently the following options are available:
Shift the buttons horizontally spin edit lets you adjust the default placement of extra buttons in target window's title bar relatively to standard ones. Although Actual Tools programs try to detect the number of standard buttons (and an appropriate shift value) automatically, in some rare cases (e.g. a particular application has its own additional buttons) it may be useful to set this value manually. The shift value can be a positive integer (shift to the left), a negative integer (shift to the right) or zero (automatic placement)."

The reason I said "half" sorted is because ALL windows now contain the 2 AWM icons well over to the left hand side of the program icons.  Because I can only see a Global option to adjust the title button location, not a Specific Window option, the 2 icons well away from the other window icons look weird out on their own.  (I settled on +5 as the optimum space for MS Photo windows that was far enough to the right, yet didn't interfere with the MS +/- buttons).

Is there a way to make this setting specific to MS Photos without affecting every other window as well?

Thanks again.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/22/2022 12:57:09

James,

Is there a way to make this setting specific to MS Photos without affecting every other window as well?
You need to create specific settings for the Photos application and use the "Shift the buttons..." option in these settings.

As I mentioned previously, the class "ApplicationFrameWindow - Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App" is specific to the Photos app, it should be the same no matter what picture is open in it.

James Bond

Posted: 08/24/2022 05:15:23

use the "Shift the buttons..." option in these settings.

Can you please tell me where this option is located in the Specific Settings?

Although it's in the Default Settings > Title Buttons in the bottom 'Options' section, this same Options section DOES NOT appear in the Specific Settings.

Thanks!

Edit 27.08.2022: I've just located it.  I had to scroll right down, below the Action Options.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register