Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Is this working? , Having bunch of problems with Actual Windows Manager » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2171

Paul Burns

Posted: 06/15/2022 23:03:03

I have Actual Multiple Monitors v 8.14.6.1.

The issues I'm running into are the following:

1.) I have an 8 monitor setup with a configured Desktop profile that sporatically will actually work, when I try to click on the profile to active it. Sometimes it just doesn't configure any of the monitors. Sometimes it reverts the NVIDIA settings and turns one graphics card profile off which deactivates the monitors. I have one separate gaming monitor that I will plug/unplug via Displayport, then turn on SLI. When i'm done gaming, I plug one of the 8 workstation monitors in and try to click the profile to re-configure the 8 monitor work setup basically.

I would just like it to arrange 2 monitors in portrait, assign a primary monitor, and follow a specific arrangement of the monitors when I click the profile. Is this possible consistently by activating a profile?

2.) In the maximized view of the application, I can't see the right side bar that previously existing for configuring a desktop profile to edit it, delete it, create a new one. The window is soo much wider, I minimize it, click on the menu items, but nothing loads on the right...

3.) There's some default setting capping my window size, unsure if this is window splitting, but I would like to turn that off and unsure how to do that.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Paul

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/03/2022 03:01:41

Hello, Paul

I apologize for the delay in replying to you.

1.) I have an 8 monitor setup with a configured Desktop profile that sporatically will actually work

Do you mean that the same profile without being changed works sometimes and other times doesn't if you attempt to apply it several times? Or it works once and then stops working and you need to make changes to the profile or delete it and create again in order to make it work again?

Could you tell how many graphics cards you use and what cards the monitors are connected to.

Are all the monitors still presented in the standard Windows display settings after you turn on SLI? Could you try to close/open the Windows display settings after turning on SLI and see?

Could you also see whether the profiles feature work correctly if you turn on/off SLI without plugging the gaming monitor (I mean, when the set of the plugged in monitors stay persistent)?

Sometimes it reverts the NVIDIA settings and turns one graphics card profile off which deactivates the monitors.

Could you clarify what exactly you mean by "graphics card profile"? Is it related to the graphics cards utility settings?

2.) In the maximized view of the application, I can't see the right side bar that previously existing for configuring a desktop profile to edit it, delete it, create a new one. The window is soo much wider, I minimize it, click on the menu items, but nothing loads on the right...

Could you send us a screenshot depicting the problem? Does the problem depend on what monitor you maximize the window on?

3.) There's some default setting capping my window size, unsure if this is window splitting, but I would like to turn that off and unsure how to do that.

Could you send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register