Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Move to next monitor hotkey doesn't work , Since latest updates, cannot get "move to next monitor" to work » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5883

LKL

Posted: 11/26/2021 19:15:55

I've been using the full version of Actual Multiple Monitors for about 4 months, with custom hotkeys for "move to next/previous monitor."

After updating to version 8.14.6 a few days ago, the "move to next" hotkey just stopped working. Move to previous is fine. I've tried changing to a number of different combinations but nothing works.

I just checked for updates and installed version 8.14.6.1 and have tried again - same thing. No matter what combo I choose, "move to next" simply doesn't work.

Windows 10 64-bit.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/01/2021 05:12:41

Hello, LKL

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Does the "Move to next monitor" hotkey not work on each of your monitors or only on particular ones?

Could you see whether the Move to monitor extra title button and extra window menu item work? You can enable them here: AMM configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Title Buttons/Window Menu > Move to monitor (in case of title buttons the standard one with the status <next>).

Also please specify the values of the "Change the size of text..." option in the standard Windows display settings for each monitor.

Could you also send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Best regards.

LKL

Posted: 12/02/2021 02:14:21

Does the "Move to next monitor" hotkey not work on each of your monitors or only on particular ones?

It does not work on any of my three monitors.

Could you see whether the Move to monitor extra title button and extra window menu item work?

Yes, these work. I was not using them but when I enabled them, as another user suggested, my hotkey started working too.

Also please specify the values of the "Change the size of text..." option in the standard Windows display settings for each monitor.

These are all set to 100%.

Could you also send us your AMM configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AMM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic in the email.

Done.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/04/2021 09:11:49

LKL,

As you know from this topic, the problem has been confirmed. There are two workarounds for it:
1) enable the standard Move to monitor title button in the settings applied to the windows you have this problem with (in Default Settings if you want to enable it for all the applications)
2) disable the Move to monitor window menu item in the settings applied to the windows.

We'll post here too when the fix for this problem is available.

Best regards.

Kiwi

Posted: 12/08/2021 11:23:29

1) enable the standard Move to monitor title button in the settings applied to the windows you have this problem with (in Default Settings if you want to enable it for all the applications)
2) disable the Move to monitor window menu item in the settings applied to the windows.

How is this done as I'm having this issue as well and can't work out where these optons are preformed.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/21/2021 00:27:17

Hello, Kiwi

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in replying to you.

and can't work out where these optons are preformed.
Could you clarify what you mean by this?

If you want to fix this problem for all the windows in your system you need to go to Default Settings: Actual Window Manager configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Window Menu. Then disable the "Move to monitor" window menu item in the list.

Or you can go to Default Settings: Actual Window Manager configuration module > Window Settings > Default Settings > Title Buttons. Then enable the "Move to monitor" title button in the list.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/26/2022 07:29:09

Hello, everyone

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue where the "Move to next monitor" title button didn't work has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest version 8.14.7 of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors.

You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version manually, install it and confirm the fix.

If you used one of the suggested workarounds you can discard it in the latest version.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register