New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Vivaldi UI disappears when leaving fullscreen , Actual Window Manager 8.14.5 not working properly with Vivaldi 4.2 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 13119

Rocco

Posted: 09/19/2021 14:13:29

If I start Vivaldi and press F11 for fullscreen then press it again to leave fullscreen then the Vivaldi UI disappears. If there is any audio playing I can still hear it. I then have to close it from the task manager. Then I can restart Vivaldi. If I resize the Vivaldi window first (maximize it for instance) it flashes and I have no further issues with it for that session.

Things I've tried:
- Adding an exception to AWM
- Disabling all Vivaldi extensions and css/js modifications.

The only way I can get it to work as intended is to either disable AWM or close it altogether. It seems that even if I add an exception for Vivaldi in AWM it still adds some sort of hook that interferes with the normal operation of Vivaldi.

It's possible the problem is caused by just one feature in AWM that if I disable it Vivaldi will work properly. If so I would love to know what it is.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Running ...
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
AWM 8.14.5
Vivaldi 4.2

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/23/2021 05:22:34

Hello, Rocco

Thank you for contacting us.

I was unable to reproduce the problem with Vivaldi.

Could you send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this forum page to the email.

Could you also specify the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

Rocco

Posted: 09/23/2021 11:26:58

I've now done that.

I should also mention that, when I have the mods installed that allow the tabs to autohide, if AWM is disabled I'm able to drag and drop the tabs to reorder them. With AWM active, as soon as I start to drag a tab the bar autohides and I'm left holding the tab but unable to place it. This includes when I have Vivaldi as an exception.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/27/2021 23:14:20

Hello, Rocco

Sorry for such long delay in replying to you.

We're still unable to reproduce the problem with Vivaldi.

Are you still running Vivaldi 4.2.2406.44? If not, then what is the version now and does the problem still persist?

then press it again to leave fullscreen then the Vivaldi UI disappears.
Could you describe the problem more detailed? Do you mean the Vivaldi window just becomes invisible?

Does the window become completely invisible or something like a shadow of this window is displayed?

Is it not displayed in the taskbar or in the task switcher (Alt+Tab combination) when the problem happens?

Are any other actions required in order to reproduce the problem between enabling and disabling fullscreen with F11? Or it happens as soon as you just press F11 two times even in quick succession?

Does the problem depend on what tab (what web page) is active at the moment?

Does the problem depend on the monitor the window is placed on?

What monitors you use and what are the values of the "Change the size of text..." option in the standard Windows display settings for each monitor?

- Disabling all Vivaldi extensions and css/js modifications.
Could you specify the extensions and css/js modifications you use? You can send this information to support@actualtools.com.

Could you also send a screenshot of your Vivaldi window? Do you use some non-standard skin for it?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/27/2021 23:18:12

Rocco,

I should also mention that, when I have the mods installed that allow the tabs to autohide, if AWM is disabled I'm able to drag and drop the tabs to reorder them
Could you tell what exactly mod you use and provide a link to it if it's available somewhere?

Rocco

Posted: 10/28/2021 05:16:07

I'm now using version 4.2.2406.54. I no longer have the issue of the window disappearing.

I'm still having the issue where I can't drag and drop my tabs without it auto hiding. Actually right now I'm trying to test enabling the exclusion for Vivaldi In AWM but the but the AWM buttons in the title bar always appears. I can't get the exclusion for Vivaldi working at all at the moment. Exclusions seem to be working for other programs from what I can tell. To get drag and dropping working I have to disable AWM then restart Vivaldi.

It will be easier to just send you a copy of my mods. I'm using VivaldiModManager to manage them. https://gitlab.com/Neur0toxine/vivaldimodmanager

Edit: Actually, how do I send you files?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/10/2021 20:19:05

Rocco,

Could you first make sure there are no enabled specific settings for Vivaldi in AWM (configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > specific settings for Vivaldi). If there are enabled specific settings for a window/application, then exclusion for the same window/app is ignored and specific settings are applied. Exclusions are designed to prevent applying of Default Settings to a window in the situation where there are no enabled/created specific settings for it.

You can send the copy of the mods to support@actualtools.com.

Rocco

Posted: 11/10/2021 20:30:06

I had specific setting but they were not enabled. I tried deleting them anyway but it made no difference.

I'll send my mods to the email provided.

Thanks for your help.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/10/2021 21:49:41

Could you please send us your Actual Window Manager configuration files again using the Send to Tech Support tool (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this forum page to the email.

Rocco

Posted: 11/11/2021 13:42:58

Sure. I can do that again.

Sent.

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search