Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] AWM not minimising program and plugins » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4585

matt dexter

Posted: 09/02/2021 03:30:31

Hi there,

First post here, I just purchased the product yesterday and unfortunately not working for me I have a program pedalboard which loads and has plugins attached to it, they are unfortunately just staying on the screen when I load windows, they arent minimising to the system tray.  please see screenshot

Are my settings correct because they load when windows loads but they do not hide themselves in the system tray

any help greatly appreciated

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/02/2021 13:41:44

Hello, matt

Thank you for contacting us.

As I can see, the Pedalboard 2 window has different class name every time you open it. This is why specific settings are not applied to the windows when you re-open them - Actual Window Minimizer just can't recognize this window and the settings are not applied. Try disabling the Class parameter in the Target Window section in the specific settings for the Pedalboard 2 windows and try enabling the Caption parameter instead. If you used the Crosshair tool to fill the window parameter fields the Caption fields should already contain the correct values.

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/02/2021 15:32:28

matt,

Also, please note that creating specific settings for different windows of the same application makes sense if you want different settings to be applied to different windows of the application or if you want to avoid applying of the settings to some particular windows. If the settings should be universal for all windows you can create a single specific settings element and leave only the Program window parameter enabled in the Target Window section - in this case the settings will be applied to all windows of the application (in your case ...\Pedalboard2-64bit.exe).

Also, you can make the target window criteria of the settings more specific by specifying "JUCE" as the Window class parameter value. As the Pedalboard 2 window class generally begins with "JUCE" and Actual Window Minimizer always tests the Window Class and the Program values for a substring match, so the "JUCE" value is enough in order for the program to recognize a window with the class "JUCE_17ba5269dca" for example. This may be helpful if there is a need to prevent applying of the settings to some application's windows and these windows have different class (not beginning with JUCE).

matt dexter

Posted: 09/03/2021 14:39:53

Try disabling the Class parameter in the Target Window section in the specific settings for the Pedalboard 2 windows and try enabling the Caption parameter instead. If you used the Crosshair tool to fill the window parameter fields the Caption fields should already contain the correct values.

This worked perfectly, thank you so very much, love this software!

Im sure your going to be busy with Windows 11, needs help haha starting with the context menu, again thanks so much!! :D  :D

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register