Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[CONFIRMED] Can't launch Valorant (game) while AMM is open » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 10104

GTim

Posted: 04/17/2021 14:21:46

Decided to reinstall Valorant today after not playing it for around 6 months and it's simply refusing to launch, I've been troubleshooting to try and find out what's causing it and unfortunately it's Actual Multiple Monitors cuasing it - as soon as I close AMM the game launches flawlessly.

Wondering if anyone knows why this is happening, and if I can do anything to make it not happen? I don't want to have to close AMM everytime I want to to play.

Thanks,
Clark

Syrinx

Posted: 04/18/2021 02:08:46

I can't say for sure but I'd suspect it may have to do with some of their Anti-Cheat measures...If you aren't aware of some of the crazy lengths they go to you should really do a search and read up on that IMO.

Back to your issue though I'd guess that it has to do with the AWM dll (or in your case AMM) being injected into their game and them shutting down as a defense agains cheaters trying to inject their own DLLs into their process. One way to test if this is your issue (only on Windows 10) is by adding an Anti-Exploit rule for the Valorant exe or exes to "Disable extension points" and prevent AWM (or other ActualTool programs) from injecting into them.
You can add these rules (only on Windows 10) via Settings > Windows Security > App & browser control > Exploit protection settings > Program settings > Add program to customize > type in program name including the .exe and set Disable extension points > Override system settings > On for the desired exe > Apply (Redo if adding more than one exe name)
Then try re-running the game and see if still refuses to launch. If they don't help, feel free to delete the newly added rules via the same interface.

On a similar note (looking at you devs :p ) It would be more ideal if AWM (or other ActualTool programs) had a true exclusion option to prevent injecting into specific programs!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 06/01/2021 12:11:22

Hello, everyone

Syrinx,
Thank you for your reply. You're right - the game closes as soon as our software's DLL is injected in one particular game's process. It seems to be due to anti-cheat measures, although I was unable to find any official information about this behavior, but there are some other applications out there which cause the same problem, probably, also due to DLL injection (some Citrix application for example).

It would be more ideal if AWM (or other ActualTool programs) had a true exclusion option to prevent injecting into specific programs!
Unfortunately, it's not possible to implement the ability of exclusion which prevents the DLL injection.

GTim,
The solution Syrinx provided works, but I would like to describe it more precisely. There are two game's processes which have observable problems with our DLL being injected into them: VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe and UnrealCEFSubProcess.exe. So, in order for the game to start correctly you need to create exploit protection settings only for these two processes.
But there are also some other game's processes and while our DLL injection into them has no observable effects, it's unknown whether the injection may affect the gameplay in some way. So you can create the same settings for other game's processes as well:

Riotclientux.exe
RiotClientServices.exe
VALORANT.exe (probably, not necessary, as there is no injection in this process anyway)
RiotClientCrashHandler.exe
RiotclientUxRender.exe

Also some users suggest creating exploit protection settings for the Valorant.exe process and selecting "Overwrite > OFF" in every option in the list as a solution for microstutter in the game, so if you encounter microstutter please pay attention to exploit protection settings for the game processes in general.

Also, the game should start correctly even without exploit protection settings if you start it in "Run as administrator" mode and the "Support system utilities..." option is disabled in AMM. The option can be disabled only during installation, so if you don't need this option for some other software, you can just install AMM again over the existing installation and disable the option. Your other AMM settings won't be affected.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register