Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Can I turn off all monitors via hotkey? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2053

rip twit

Posted: 03/16/2021 03:34:02

I'd like a simple way to turn off one or more monitors (laptop and external HDMI) via a hotkey or function? I know I can do it via the sleep/hibernate/lock function but I want to keep the system running without logging out, etc.

Of course it would be best if this was a toggle so I could also turn the monitors back on.

"nircmd monitor off" is supposed to work but it threw my system into display frenzies.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/17/2021 06:05:51

Hello, rip twit

Thank you for contacting us.

You can use the Save Idle Screens feature for this. It not exactly turns the monitors off, but you can use the "Blank" screen saver and the screens will be just black.

You can adjust the feature here: AWM configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Screen Saver > Save Idle Screens.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards.

rip twit

Posted: 03/17/2021 18:29:54

Bogdan Polishchuk,
Thanks, Bogdan -

No, I'm not looking for a black screen but instead to actually cause the power-off function to be made.

One of my reasons is that I have a laptop with integrated graphics as well as a nVidia GPU to drive the external HDMI screen. I was hoping to cause the GPU to be turned off when the screen was off. Not even sure this is possible or desirable.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/18/2021 03:10:08

rip twit,

You can disable all monitors except one using the Desktop Profiles feature. Create a desktop profile, in the profile disable the monitors you want (the external monitor, I guess) and set the hotkey for this Desktop Profile. First you can save other profile with two monitors enabled to return to it when you need.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register