Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Remote Desktop / Mirroring , Trying to configure a terminal server Environment to displaycustomer info on 2nd monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2303

Steven Wagner

Posted: 03/04/2021 03:36:45

Installed and went thru the article (older) that takes about using actual windows manager to show customer information.   I have been able to test and configure a setup that works for us locally, but we also have several Terminal server offices.

Right now we can't mirror a windows after we remote desktop in, and we can't even mirror the remote desktop session unless we adjust the screen resolution / size to allow the window.

Is there any solution or hotkey that we can enable to mirror the information in the remote environment without having to resize?

Current setup involves using full screen on RDP, and currently test of actual windows manager is only loaded locally (as a terminal server does not have multiple monitors / desktops unless we checkmark use all my monitors (which we have not checked).  Clients are a mix os win 7 and 10.

Thank you.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/10/2021 15:10:59

Hello, Steven

Thank you for contacting us.

Do I understand correctly that you want to be able to mirror a window from withing the RDP window to other monitor displaying the local system desktop? Unfortunately, it's not posible to specify directly and to mirror particular windows within RPD window from the outside of the RDP window. But you can mirror an area of the desktop where the window is placed if it's acceptable for you. But in this case anything that goes into this area (if not covered by other windows) is dislayed in the mirror window.

Right now we can't mirror a windows after we remote desktop in, and we can't even mirror the remote desktop session unless we adjust the screen resolution / size to allow the window.
Could you clarify what you mean by this? I don't really understand what prevents you from mirroring the remote desktop window. As I can see, there are no problems with mirroring the RDP window as a window or as a part of desktop.

as a terminal server does not have multiple monitors / desktops unless we checkmark use all my monitors (which we have not checked)
Is there any particular reason why you don't use all monitors in RDP connection?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register