New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[AWM] Invisible systray icons & windows switching desktops after sleep a/o screen unlock » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 26018

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/22/2021 01:36:31

Corneliu,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

The problems with invisible tray icons and windows moving to the primary monitor may be associated with Hot Plug Detection feature and EDID (Extended Display Identification Data). When a monitor connected via HDMI, DisplayPort, or DVI is turned off or goes to sleep, it will transmit a signal indicating that it is powering down, which in some cases is interpreted by either the system's video drivers or OS as the monitor being unplugged.

Could you please when KVM is connected to both laptop and PC switch it to the PC, open the Windows Display settings on the laptop and see whether the external monitors persist in the Display Settings, or it only shows the laptop display.

I would like to ask you to temporarily disable Hot Plug Detection and see whether it solves the problem but as far as I know there is no way to disable it which works for everyone. You can try to search for the option disabling Hot Plug Detection or something like "Deep Sleep" in the settings of your monitors.

Could you specify the exact model names of your monitors and KVM? Does the KVM have double HDMI connections on the monitors' end and on both of the computers' ends?

Please specify the graphics cards models of the laptop and of the PC.

Please specify for each of your computers the monitors that have increased value (more than 100%) of the option "Change the size of text..." in the standard Windows Display settings.

Could you send us AWM configuration files from the laptop again but using the Send to Tech Support tool and not a backup of your configuration (AWM configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Switch the KVM to the laptop, close the configuration module if it's open and open it again and send the configuration.

rip twit

Posted: 04/22/2021 02:11:51

I had a similar problem when I was using DisplayFusion. When waking up my laptop the external monitor on HDMI would take longer to power up fully and the Windows display driver would think it was offline.

I purchased a small HDMI dongle that kept the EDID signal active even when the external monitor was turned off. This means that the windows won't get re-arranged since Windows thinks the monitor is still there and still pushes out the signal.

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 10/27/2021 21:28:33

Hi,

Apologies for this super delayed reply, I completely forgot about this.

KVM model:
rip twit wrote:
I had a similar problem when I was using DisplayFusion. When waking up my laptop the external monitor on HDMI would take longer to power up fully and the Windows display driver would think it was offline.

I purchased a small HDMI dongle that kept the EDID signal active even when the external monitor was turned off. This means that the windows won't get re-arranged since Windows thinks the monitor is still there and still pushes out the signal.

Thanks but the TESmart KVM I bought (you can switch to English by hovering the German flag icon on the top bar) already supports EDID emulation out of the box.

Switching to PC while checking laptop display settings:
Everything works as expected, I can still see all the monitors on my laptop when KVM is switched to PC. As a matter of fact, nothing flinches or flickers when doing so. It's like the monitors are still "attached".

Deep sleep / Hot plug detection:
Didn't try this yet

Monitors:
I'm using a Samsung CHG90 monitor in PictureByPicture mode, with 2 HDMI inputs and screens configured to 1920x1080 @120Hz

KVM inputs:
On both computers there is 1 direct HDMI connection, and 1 connection with an Delock 62607 DP to HDMI adapter (hence the max 120Hz display setting). From the KVM I have 2 HDMI cables to the monitor.

Monitors with size of text > 100%:
None, all of them are set to 100%

Graphics cards:
  • Laptop: Intel Graphics 630
  • PC: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition (pg413)

Send configuration form the AWM config GUI:
Shortly after this comment, you should be receiving an email with the subject: Config for issue "Invisible systray icons & windows switching desktops after sleep a/o screen unlock"

P.S.: FYI I've recently switched to Windows 11 and the problem does not appear to reproduce, but it's been only a week so it's to soon to draw a conclusion.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/10/2021 05:55:28

Hello, Corneliu

Thank you for the information.

Everything works as expected, I can still see all the monitors on my laptop when KVM is switched to PC. As a matter of fact, nothing flinches or flickers when doing so. It's like the monitors are still "attached".
Had you already switched to Windows 11 by the time you've tested this?

Do any of the previously described problems persist now in Windows 11?

Did you switch to Windows 11 on both your computers?

Could you specify the exact number of Windows build you're running now (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The window containing the build number will appear).

Corneliu GIURGIU
Advanced user

Posted: 11/10/2021 23:09:53

I switched both computers to W11 after I had done the KVM test. On my PC everything is fine so far, on my work laptop I get a message that the "AWM Taskbar stopped working too many times in a row", even after I have unchecked the "Multi monitor taskbar" option, which is weird. I'll have to find some time to do a clean install and retry to provide accurate info.

I've sent the information regarding the Windows version in the email with my configuration, but for your convenience, it's: W11 Pro, v21H2, OS build 22000.258, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.258.0

BR

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/16/2021 22:26:19

Corneliu,

Is the same build of Windows 11 installed on your both computers?

I get a message that the "AWM Taskbar stopped working too many times in a row"
This is a known problem in Windows 11. It has temporary fix and the fix will be available in the new version of the program 8.14.6 which I hope we release this week. Unfortunately, for now there is no known way to avoid this problem in the version 8.14.5 in Windows 11 if it happens.
Also, we'll notify you when the problem gets stable fix.

Messages 11 - 16 of 16
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register