Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Custom "move to other monitor size" » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2857

Nick Kleespies

Posted: 01/14/2021 14:22:41

Is there a way to make it so when I move a window to my other monitor I can set a certain size and position for the window? My 2nd monitor is smaller than my main and whenever I move this window it always ends up too small and I have to change it to make it bigger. Any help would be appreciated :)

Nick Kleespies

Posted: 01/14/2021 14:28:35

Update: I've made it so it keeps the same size when it goes to the other monitor but when I move it back to the main monitor it's position is moved, any way to fix this?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/18/2021 07:55:41

Hello, Nick

Thank you for contacting us.

Do you move the window using the extra title button or the "Move to monitor" hotkey and you use the "Keep aspect ratio" for that action?

What exactly window you have this problem with?

but when I move it back to the main monitor it's position is moved
Do you manually move the window or change the size before moving it back to the main monitor?

How exactly the position is moved? Does the new position match the position the window has on the other monitor before moving it back?

Best regards.

Nick Kleespies

Posted: 02/14/2021 00:14:58

Bogdan Polishchuk,

Hello, I've shown here what it looks like when I use

"Keep aspect ratio"

User added an image

"Leave as is"

User added an image

"Fit target monitor"

User added an image

I noticed that when I use "Fit target monitor" it keeps the size I want, however when I return it to my main monitor it changes position. Is there any way to force it to move to a certain spot?

Thank you, all help is appreciated.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/28/2021 11:02:26

Hello, Nick

Sorry for the delay.

What exactly our product you're running (name, version)?

If you're running Actual Window Manager, then you can create a Combo action hotkey (AWM configuration module > Hotkeys > Actions > green plus sign button > Combo) and include "Run keyboard macro" action in it and Align action. Specify the key combination for the "Move to next monitor" hotkey in the "Run keyboard macro" action, for example <Ctrl+Shift+Z>, depending on what combination you use. Probably, you'll have to change the "Move to next monitor" hotkey to something with "Ctrl" instead of Windows button, as the standard combination may not work in this solution. And set the Align action to right-bottom. Then the window will be aligned to the right-bottom corner of the monitor whenever you move it with this combo action hotkey.

Let me know whether this solution is acceptable for you.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register